Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
klang sentral

A BOT (Build-Operate-Transfer) Agreement for the local bus and taxi terminal as well as the express bus terminal was signed in January 2007. Piling for the former has been completed, and the local terminal is expected to be ready by end-2007 whilst the express bus terminal will follow soon after.

This, coupled with the soon-to-be-announced well-known operators for the hypermarket and fast-food drive-thru, make Klang Sentral the ultimate business/investment choice along the North Klang Growth Corridor.

There are 3-storey shops/offices available for sale, both en-bloc as well as by strata from only RM130,000 with a down-payment from as low as RM3,888.

·
Registered
322 Posts
This sentral is along Jalan Meru, Klang. Near to Setia Alam and Aman Perdana, 2 new housing area. Tesco is under construction around that area oso. Hope this area will become very happening in the near future...coz I just bought a house somewhere there...kekeke :D

·
Registered
101,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
klang sentral

A BOT (Build-Operate-Transfer) Agreement for the local bus and taxi terminal as well as the express bus terminal was signed in January 2007. Piling for the former has been completed, and the local terminal is expected to be ready by end-2007 whilst the express bus terminal will follow soon after.

This, coupled with the soon-to-be-announced well-known operators for the hypermarket and fast-food drive-thru, make Klang Sentral the ultimate business/investment choice along the North Klang Growth Corridor.

There are 3-storey shops/offices available for sale, both en-bloc as well as by strata from only RM130,000 with a down-payment from as low as RM3,888.

Looking forward!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please help me to get info from this map provided at MPK Website

Do all the buses from Klang South such as TAMAN SENTOSA, TMN SRI ANDALAS ETC go to KLANG SENTRAL?

·
Registered
31 Posts
sentral is cool :)

Firstly,I'd like to say hi to you guys as I am a newbie here. Recently got really interested in reading your posts, and I even got 'hooked up' with this forum, even though I am supposed to prepare for my exams :nuts:

Concerning the 'sentral' thingy, I think there's nothing wrong with it. It seems cool to 'standardise' and create a truly Malaysian stereotype by branding public transports/transportation hubs by using 'sentral','rapid' etc. For example, the Germans love to use S-Bahn (Stadt Bahn - city commuter train halt) and U-Bahn (stands for underground subway in German) in all German-speaking cities (with that said, huge part of Switzerland and Austria are also involved). Even the acronym of Hauptbahnhof, HBf which in German means 'central train station' has been used for decades. This kind of stereotype is famous throughout Europe, and has been branded as typically 'German'. For your information, a complex of S-Bahn commuter station, say, in Berlin may be just as huge as our KL Sentral.

So,what's wrong with Sentral? Maybe one day when our country achieves the status of a developed nation and respected throughout the world, the name Sentral will be branded as truly 'Malaysian'? :cheers:

·
Transit Researcher
2,733 Posts
I was just reading Klang Sentral wiki article.

I wondered what finally happened to the local buses Terminal B at Klang Sentral. It seems it was closed down. Have it been repurposed? Are local buses from Klang town going to Klang Sentral?

I understand Terminal A for outstation express buses are still in operations.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Firstly,I'd like to say hi to you guys as I am a newbie here. Recently got really interested in reading your posts, and I even got 'hooked up' with this forum, even though I am supposed to prepare for my exams :nuts:

Concerning the 'sentral' thingy, I think there's nothing wrong with it. It seems cool to 'standardise' and create a truly Malaysian stereotype by branding public transports/transportation hubs by using 'sentral','rapid' etc. For example, the Germans love to use S-Bahn (Stadt Bahn - city commuter train halt) and U-Bahn (stands for underground subway in German) in all German-speaking cities (with that said, huge part of Switzerland and Austria are also involved). Even the acronym of Hauptbahnhof, HBf which in German means 'central train station' has been used for decades. This kind of stereotype is famous throughout Europe, and has been branded as typically 'German'. For your information, a complex of S-Bahn commuter station, say, in Berlin may be just as huge as our KL Sentral.

So,what's wrong with Sentral? Maybe one day when our country achieves the status of a developed nation and respected throughout the world, the name Sentral will be branded as truly 'Malaysian'? :cheers:
its not that we hate the Sentral name, but its overused. especially if the place is not that 'central' of the city. KL sentral is far from central, the real central station is Kuala Lumpur Station. and the case of Puduraya, in which I love the name, but because of rebranding the building lost its charm because of Pudu Sentral. Plus Sentral is not Malaysian word, it derived from an English word. Hauptbahnhof is mostly situated right in centre of city, Cologne as an example.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Pusat or Teras may be better but does not convey it's real purpose and meaning as much as "Sentral"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts