SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
www.fotokosice.eu
10,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Atypical commieblock in Pajorova Street.

There are 8 typical sections ("Prague Type", T–08B, concrete panels) and one atypical (bricks) – cranked part on the right side.

Built between September 1974 and December 1975. 161 apartments.

Same look from 1975:

·
www.fotokosice.eu
10,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Kuzmányho – one newer block – housing-estate was built in 1967–1971, but block in the picture is from 1982 (it replaced old barracks).

Moldavská – blocks from 1978–1981 ("Prague Types", T–08B)

Newer blocks on Luník V (Nové mesto/Terasa) (type P 1.14/15). Housing estate was built in 1964–1966, but these blocks are from 1985–1987.

·
www.fotokosice.eu
10,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Dargovských hrdinov II – blocks from 1983 (type P 1.14/6.5RP)

Juhovýchod II – blocks from 1972–1974 (T–06B/KE)

·
The last disciple
821 Posts

Those colours :cripes:

Why is not possible to use one similar colourway for each sidlisko? Yeh, back in the days, every block just looked the same and everything was uniform. But nowadays every block got its own painting and it just looks ridiculous if this colourway is not resembled by the others blocks in the same neighbourhood. It just looks totally chaotic and out of concept.

·
www.fotokosice.eu
10,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
One more picture – Ťahanovce (newest housing-estate in Košice, 1985–1997). Under this housing-estate there are 9 kilometers of collector tunnels. There is situated whole infrastrucutre (power distribution, water conduit, gas conduit, TV, internet, etc.) excluding canalization.

Košice is very first city in former Czechoslovakia with this kind of collectors on housing-estate. I'm not sure – maybe it's the only city in former ČSSR...

This is smaller type of a street collector entrance:

There's an entrance from block:

·
The last disciple
821 Posts
Because nobody cares about it. :dunno:

I like these blocks. Each has different color but same schema. IMHO it's maximally decent.
It could be more decent ;) It still does not look very harmonic. One could have used minor details to differentiate the blocks from each other. I really think that this aspect becomes more and more important to me. That is why I think though some blocks were in a very bad condition, each neighbourhood looked very harmonic and within concept in its own way. This golden rule has totally been broken and this is very sad to walk through such neighbourhoods nowadays.

One more picture – Ťahanovce (newest housing-estate in Košice, 1985–1997). Under this housing-estate there are 9 kilometers of collector tunnels. There is situated whole infrastrucutre (power distribution, water conduit, gas conduit, TV, internet, etc.) excluding canalization.
Is this kind of collector tunnel something special? How is a block supposed to be given gas, electricity etc. otherwise?

·
www.fotokosice.eu
10,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
In other housing-estates there are water/gas conduits just trenched in land. In Ťahanovce are in tunnels. So if there's any damage/crash maintainance just enter the tunnel and make some repairs there (= no digging).

·
www.fotokosice.eu
10,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Previous year there was the first guided tour on "sídlisko" in Košice – Terasa (considered the best "sídlisko" in Košice) – because of 50 years of existence.

This year will be guided tour on sídlisko KVP – 30 years of existence.

·
www.fotokosice.eu
10,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Block "Šverma" (from 1960)

Tower blocks Alfa I and Alfa II (from 1961)

Small "commieblock" from 1930's era on the right side, block "Sólo" (from 1959) on the left side.

·
www.fotokosice.eu
10,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Poštová rodina (lit. "Post family") - 2 blocks with apartments formerly inhabited by post-office employees (1930)

It's very hard to take good photo of this blocks (lot of trees)...

Flag pole with monogram PR on roof - Poštová rodina

·
The last disciple
821 Posts
Previous year there was the first guided tour on "sídlisko" in Košice – Terasa (considered the best "sídlisko" in Košice) – because of 50 years of existence.
And why I did not attend such a tour in Košice? Did you guided this tour?

This year will be guided tour on sídlisko KVP – 30 years of existence.
When will it take place?

·
www.fotokosice.eu
10,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
And why I did not attend such a tour in Košice? Did you guided this tour?
Not me :D There are regular guided tours in Košice (it's called Wandering in Košice) - every first weekend in month. Every month other topic (e. g. Gothic Košice, Baroque Košice, etc. and in Sept 2012 it was "Secrets of Terasa").

When will it take place?
2-3 Nov 2013. Here's a website (only in Slovak). Bilingual tour (SK-EN) will be on Saturday (2nd Nov) at 17:00.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts