Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
87 Posts

Vissel Kobe

Scotland have just won the Kirin Cup!! Ok, so it’s just a minor tournament and all three teams had weakened squads, but it’s still nice to win a trophy. I watched Scotland thrash Bulgaria 5-1 in the Kobe Wing Stadium, including a truly World Class goal from Chris Burke (2 Scotland players scored doubles on their debuts!!!). Scotland also drew 0-0 with Japan in front of 58648 fans and won the Kirin Cup. Anyway, I noticed this stadium now has a retractable roof which it didn’t have during the 2002 World Cup.

Before -

After -

It's one more trophy than In-gur-land will win this year! :tongue2:

·
PompeY2J
1,661 Posts
It's interesting you chose to bring up this stadium, Coventry. I personally believe that it is a great stadium. The atmosphere is electric, the architecture is great, and it really follows several principals towards designing good stadium.

The only bad thing i can think of is the end stand. When i went the end stand was horrific, as you can see in this picture

you can see the end stand, shown on the right of screen, is lopsided, because they must have run out of room on that stand.

Other than that, now they have fixed that and it seems to look like Oita Stadium, which is good.

9 / 10 !!!!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
the newer version is smaller in capacity right? looks like the stands on the end are way smaller. none the less, in this case, less is more. it looks great.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The upper sections of the Kobe Wing Stadium were always meant to be temporary for the 2002 World Cup. They added the upper sections of the end stands to reach the minimum seating requirements. The odd shape to the right of the photo was due to the proximity of an apartment block. Great view for the folks in the top few flats during the tournament !

·
Registered
27,960 Posts

·
16,957 Posts
It looks very modern :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts