Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Does anyone know the bus timings from Aluva to the airport?
I dnt know the timings at Aluva, but there is a board put up at Airport showing timings at the airport. So i hope it should reach Aluva around 30 minutes before minimum.

Timings at Airport :

8.50 ( From Vaikom )
9,10.30,3.30 ( From Cherthala )
6.40 ( From Aluva )

I Hope the new Aanavandi App can give more details

·
Registered
836 Posts
AAI Statistics: April - July '15

International Pax - 1,519,160 (+ 21.8%)
Domestic Pax - 986,960 (+ 32.2%)
Total Pax - 2,506,120 (+ 25.7%)

International Freight (in Tonnes) - 21,611 (- 3.6%)
Domestic Freight - 3,884 (+ 6.5%)
Total Freight - 25,495 (- 2.2%)

Surprising to see that Frieght rate is down, but sure that it goes up this month due to increased ONAM exports. Domestic passengers keep on increasing and mostly kochi-Bangalore rates are lower than private Volvo?Scania busses

·
Registered
836 Posts
Air India's new international flight service from PM Modi's constituency Varanasi a security risk: Agencies

The scheme provides seamless connectivity to international passengers who board from several places around India and travel abroad via Delhi or Mumbai hubs. Airports at Amritsar, Kolkata, Kochi, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Goa and Bhubaneshwar are approved as spokes. The facility, extended to Varanasi on August 17, facilitates international passengers to clear immigration and security at the boarding airport. A check at the last port of exit is not done.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

·
Registered
836 Posts
Recently one of ma friend came in a friday night flight from bangalore to Kochi at 4000Rs and he said he felt like travelling in Train, with flight full of AYYAPPAS. Most of them had private helicopter charters ready for onward travel

·
Registered
836 Posts
Surprised to See that no new regarding Kochi Bangkok flights by SpiceJet are here.. :)

Saw a SpiceJet add in todays newspapers announcing Kochi - Chennai - Bangkok flights from Dec 10,2015

·
Registered
836 Posts
Are these the figures after the Winter Schedule came into effect ? Then Dip in Domestic is due to the couple of reduced services... But on the other hand we also had increased flights by SpiceJet... Good to See Total Passenger numbers on a positive growth allways

·
Registered
836 Posts
Kochi definitely going to surpass Chennai in Dec. month, but the sad part is not feeling happy for that what happening at Chennai now. that feeling ( to become the 3rd busiest interms of Int.) is taken away by this tropical storm :hmm:
yes you are right KHAII, It was a milestone to be celebrated, but this time we shouldnt, considering the state of people over there. Maybe in Jan or feb if we still show this trend, we can be proud .

·
Registered
836 Posts
Go air announced two additional service from Kochi this holyday season..

19th Dec. to 4th Janu.
BLR-Kochi (G81298) D00:45/A01:45
Kochi-BLR (G81299) D02:15/A 03:15

18th Dec. to 4th Janu.
Mumbai-Kochi (G81336) D23:30/A01:20
Kochi-Mumbai (G81345) D01:50/A 03:40

also, SG Delhi-Kochi-Delhi service is scheduled up to 26 March, earlier it was till 15 Janu..
So this is the first red eye flights from Kochi after Air India's long back Kochi - Mumbai 3.30 am Service. I think both are just to tacke the International Connection passengers.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Its pitty calling Kerala a literate state nw. Why cant people understand the logic that if they are few people, there will be only few flights out from an airport. Kochi get more flight because no flights have pulled out from here citing "low patronage" instead have got more flights. We cant hijack people right ? Its them who choose which airport to fly. Kochi gets high share of flights and passengers as it is CENTRALLY located and people from any point of kerala can reach here in max of 6 hours time. MAX.( Kasargod i think depends on Mangalore, still I say) Now Mathrubhumi is simply creating hoax news for previous few days.

·
Registered
836 Posts
This is Indeed a Surprise News !! There were no previous news about it. Since pic is not laoding for me, is this a direct service ?? Can someone put some details in here ? Cant wait to go home to c this !!

·
Registered
836 Posts
If they put up Lare hoardings across kerala with this "Vech pidicho aliyaa" tag, its gonna be a hit among the people. Also , Kochi gets to meet the 3 AirAsias- AirAsia Berhad , Thai AirAsia and AirAsia India allmost in same time now.. around that 12 am

1 - 20 of 389 Posts