Skyscraper City Forum banner
22481 - 22500 of 22547 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
No takers for seaplane two years after Federal Bank took possession of Kochi-based company

KOCHI: Over two years since Federal Bank took possession of a seaplane after a Kochi-based company defaulted on a Rs 6 crore loan, the bank is struggling to find a new buyer for the aircraft and recover the lost money.

The Aluva-headquartered private bank acquired the aircraft from Seabird Seaplane Ltd, invoking the provisions of the Insolvency Code, in a much-publicised event in October 2019. "The seaplane does not have flying licence/permits, and this may be the reason for the lack of interest from potential buyers," an official of Federal Bank told The New Indian Express.

He said the entire auction process was being done by the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).
Never saw something like this in COK?? Where have they placed it

·
Registered
483 Posts
There is a flight found to be scheduled in the website of Cial in the Chennai to Kochi and back route.

I5 432, Chennai to Kochi (Arrival 11.50 am).

I5 433, Kochi to Chennai (Departure 12.20 pm).

Bookings are not open.

I don't have more details.

·
Registered
800 Posts
There is a flight found to be scheduled in the website of Cial in the Chennai to Kochi and back route.

I5 432, Chennai to Kochi (Arrival 11.50 am).

I5 433, Kochi to Chennai (Departure 12.20 pm).

Bookings are not open.

I don't have more details.
they might have filed it and got the slots from cial, but might have dropped plan before starting boookings

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ahmedabad has started from Go Air
Can confirm I was on a GoFirst Kochi-Ahmedabad-Delhi flight this Monday.
OT, but after using Delhi T3, and transferring through the mess at Ahmedabad and Pune I have realised how good Cial manages it's terminals. In COK, there is hardly any quality variation between domestic and international which is a very good thing. Hope it stays good👍

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
As per some news report airasia india and air india express will merge. What will be the fate of ix operations from kerala especially cok and its HQ here? Any guess?
I believe the net services from Kochi will increase , but have to wait and see about the HQ status . The connectivity to Middle East from Kerala from IX will be remain same as this sectors are profitable for IX and not much restructuring required . Since airasia came into IX , connectivity to the south east Asia will improve , like to Malaysia , Singapore and Thailand which will be additional perks for kochi .

IX was not good in budget domestic flights across India , new entity may focus on domestic flights as well .

Lots of interesting things are on the way , really CIAL need to come up with good strategy to attract the new IX team .

22481 - 22500 of 22547 Posts