SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister had a jobinterview in Kolding the other day, so I jumped into her car and drove along. I can't say I know that much about the city, so there wont be many descriptions of the images. I was only there about 1 ½ hour, so it's just a small bunch of photos, mostly from the old catsle "Koldinghus" in the middle of Kolding, and then a fews from random places.

Kolding is located in dense "Triangle Region" in southeastern part of Jutland. The municipality has a population of some 63,000. Here's a map:

And now the photos, first we have Koldinghus:

And some views from the tower:

Some highrises in the lower right corner. The tallest of these had a fire the other day. One died:

Inside Koldinghus:

And the usual friend:) :

Chuch in central Kolding, and then some random places:

That's that. Not the best ever photos, but I though I'd show them anyway since I don't remember seeing Kolding here before.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Great photos mlm :eek:kay: as usual ;)

Kolding looks like a nice place! :)

·
Have a mint.
396 Posts
Beautiful photos mlm, most of them are of great quality ;)
As some of you may know, I used to live in Kolding and I must say, I had a blast while living there. Most certainly one of the better mid-sized cities in Denmark.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Great photos, mlm!
I really like the impressive and massive view of the castle tower when you walk towards it from the city side. :)

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
mlm, whether you're at home or go on an excursion, I always love the output of your camera! :eek:kay:

Kolding is lovely, thank you for showing it to us! :) I hope they don't wreck the place with flat-tops & boring boxes. :D

@tictac: you moved again? Esbjerg, Kolding, Sønderborg ... all in the short couple of years that I've known you! I hope you're happy in your new surroundings. :cheers:

·
Registered
985 Posts
mlm great photos! :) I did not know this city ! It seems very nice!

·
Registered
55 Posts
thanks great pictures i liked them

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nice photoes of what atm is my second home! :)

_tictac_ -> You've moved to Sønderborg?! Thats like 20 km. from my home. Cool with another "sønderjyde" .. :cheers:

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
/\ I'm confused, I though I saw "Varde" in Tictacs location the other day:D

Thanx for all the nice words regarding the photos. I agree with Tournesol, the tower/castle really does look very impressive, specially from that angle. :)

·
Have a mint.
396 Posts
mlm said:
/\ I'm confused, I though I saw "Varde" in Tictacs location the other day:D
LOL I'm pretty confused too after having relocated several times over a short period of time.
Anyway, I recently finished my studies in Kolding, therefore, I decided to take a few months off and help my dad and my stepmother with their new apartment in the town of Varde (moved from Aalborg -> Varde).
Having just finished doing that, I'm now back to being busy with my studies, in Sønderborg (second semester or whatever you wanna call it).

Sorry about the confusion. :D

Kaneda said:
Nice photoes of what atm is my second home! :)

_tictac_ -> You've moved to Sønderborg?! Thats like 20 km. from my home. Cool with another "sønderjyde" .. :cheers:
Hehe indeed so! I believe you're from Aabenraa, correct?
I'm loving it down here (so far), although I must confess the accent is quite a challenge!!! :D

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
sander said:
Thanks for this thread. City looks really nice(seriously). I like pic with two nice white houses beside waterside, right building could be my dream house.
I was ogling those two white houses too, sander. Should we perhaps become neighbors? :)

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
sander said:
Thanks for this thread. City looks really nice(seriously). I like pic with two nice white houses beside waterside, right building could be my dream house.
I was ogling those two white houses too, sander. Should we perhaps become neighbors? :)

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
sander said:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts