SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
23,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kondotel have been working on a redevelopment proposal for the site they own on South Beach that is currently home to the Durban Spa Resort, a timeshare property.

The plan involves adding 15 - 21 additional floors taking the development to 31-37 Floors and hitting 110m.

Gapp Architects have been working on the plans within existing bulk allowances and in the case of additional applications.

Currently it is proposed for a dual brand Radisson property encompassing the Blu and Red brands. These files are dated 2018 so very recent.

For the full.document read the link attached - http://kondotel.co.za/pdfs/2018/201...nt Apartment Hotel - Digital Version 2018.pdf

Some visuals

·
23,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i remember when this was built and they always spoke about adding on a number of floors
It makes complete sense. However, the area needs a tidy up. Investment can spur that.

I believe that a new UIP, run by the same people that are running the ones in uMhlanga and Florida Road, will be in place on the entire beachfront by the end of the year. That should have a significant impact

·
23,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is also a site directly behind that had a proposal many years ago for a big tower BUT Gilespie needs serious clean up
Yup.

I wonder what happened to the development plans for the massive military museum site in North beach. Surely there is interest for that land?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.