SkyscraperCity banner

2341 - 2360 of 2363 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are many incidents that the newspapers taking news from this forum. Also I have a doubt that someone from SPV team is watching this forum once in a while, as they almost fulfilling most of the wishlists from here.

Also we are seeing more next-gen politicians popping up, so lets not loose our spirits. Lets strike the stone.

The Wishlist was once crossed 25+ items 5 years ago and now it came down to less than 10. We are moving in a positive direction, still major things such as Metro, Airport expansion, Eastern and Western Byepass Roads are still pending. Would be great atleast if it streamlined before the election.
Thanks a lot @cbe"fan"atic, @karthikarthik @sarathy, will share my ideas one by one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
New Flyovers to decongest Coimbatore city center, I suggest below three flyovers to decongest center of Coimbatore city,
1. From Ukkadam to Shanmuga Theater along RG Street
2. From Gandhipark to Marakkaddai
3. From Thermutti to Koniyamman Temple

I have posted above in other forum, but could not see any response.

There could be problem in land acquisition along RG street, but it is worth evaluating. This has been done in Kochi, center of the city for widening roads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
New Flyovers to decongest Coimbatore city center, I suggest below three flyovers to decongest center of Coimbatore city,
1. From Ukkadam to Shanmuga Theater along RG Street
2. From Gandhipark to Marakkaddai
3. From Thermutti to Koniyamman Temple

I have posted above in other forum, but could not see any response.

There could be problem in land acquisition along RG street, but it is worth evaluating. This has been done in Kochi, center of the city for widening roads.
I herewith attach a google map on my idea to improve the traffic in old Coimbatore city.

I have also drawn a circular road for Koniyamman Temple car root if bridge is constructed and accepted by temple authority. New road need to be constructed from Goodshed road junction to Vincent road along Chinnakulam. This road can also be used for easing Traffic in Vincent road.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
This Dinamalar alleging that Government will not proceed further with the land acquisition for Coimbatore airport expansion. State assembly elections are approaching. Its a good time by the people, trade bodies, businessmen to question the state government about the lack of interest it is showing for the vital development for Kongu region.
This is the disadvantage when majority of the people continuously vote for the same party irrespective of the neglect of our region in their rule. People should vote based on the development works done by the government.

This government have funds for setting up Vetrinary parks at a cost of Rs. 1000 crores, Metro rail for thousands of crores in the capital city, setup 6 new districts which cost Rs. 1000 crores each for improving infra & other activities, have money for Cauvery - Kundaru river linking project, etc. but its strange that they face financial issues for alloting funds for land acquisition for Coimbatore airport expansion, which is critical for the growth of whole Kongu region & even for neighbouring Palakkad district.

·
Native
34 Posts

My family groups and frnds group (whats-App) are getting inundated with the messages like below..(most of them , themselves are in US, Blr etc)

"Friends please help to spread this message government is trying to take 890 plus acres of farm land from farmers in thathanur and nearby village area to construct SIPCOT, we already know the impact of perundurai SIPCOT and it's impact on our environment, please help to spread thisessge and make sure it reaches as many people as possible."

____

In my view, Industries are necessity. People from this places are going to tiruppur , coimbatire and even chennai for earning. Rules must be maintained for environment protection.

Any one from near by ground zero? What type od industries getting planned?

·
Registered
499 Posts

My family groups and frnds group (whats-App) are getting inundated with the messages like below..(most of them , themselves are in US, Blr etc)

"Friends please help to spread this message government is trying to take 890 plus acres of farm land from farmers in thathanur and nearby village area to construct SIPCOT, we already know the impact of perundurai SIPCOT and it's impact on our environment, please help to spread thisessge and make sure it reaches as many people as possible."

____

In my view, Industries are necessity. People from this places are going to tiruppur , coimbatire and even chennai for earning. Rules must be maintained for environment protection.

Any one from near by ground zero? What type od industries getting planned?
Still not clear what type of industries will come. But SIPCOT will have any type of industries as we can seen in perundurai. Majority of people around this area are going to tirupur and new tirupur only for earnings.

All are agriculture lands in this area and if SIPCOT comes here ground water will get polluted.

Tirupur Collector told the protesters today that he ordered to stop land survey. But I think he told it just to disperse the protestors.

Already tender released for drone survey.

The issue is in early stage only.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
TN culture turned to oppose for everything. Very hard to identify the real protestors without a political parties behind.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Still not clear what type of industries will come. But SIPCOT will have any type of industries as we can seen in perundurai. Majority of people around this area are going to tirupur and new tirupur only for earnings.

All are agriculture lands in this area and if SIPCOT comes here ground water will get polluted.

Tirupur Collector told the protesters today that he ordered to stop land survey. But I think he told it just to disperse the protestors.

Already tender released for drone survey.

The issue is in early stage only.
I beleive this area is an arid to semi arid. Except few areas agriculture is minimal or nil. I can see lot of barren lands in that area. I hope some sense prevail.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Coimbatore’s ‘Gear Man’ P Subramanian passes away

May his soul Rest in Peace

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Is there anything for cbe?
GMR sipcot in krishnagiri is due ripe I guess after years of dormancy. It was bound to happen and many new investments r lining up due to land bank n proximity to bangalore/ CBIC etc. While with no land banks around coimbatore, we will never be able to get due investments. Even a proposal to get a sipcot near avinashi is drawing huge resistance.

TN govt should look at Annur - sathy road belt and trichy road belt for opening SIPCOT. Not sure what happened to the electronics park that was planned near annur - this should have been right time for getting electronics investment

·
Registered
499 Posts
Is there anything for cbe?
GMR sipcot in krishnagiri is due ripe I guess after years of dormancy. It was bound to happen and many new investments r lining up due to land bank n proximity to bangalore/ CBIC etc. While with no land banks around coimbatore, we will never be able to get due investments. Even a proposal to get a sipcot near avinashi is drawing huge resistance.

TN govt should look at Annur - sathy road belt and trichy road belt for opening SIPCOT. Not sure what happened to the electronics park that was planned near annur - this should have been right time for getting electronics investment
sipcot near avinashi

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
^^ Itseems SSEM HQ is in Ramnagar-Coimbatore, but the investment they mentioned is for Hosur and no news about this in any mainstream media, not even in SSEM facebook or twitter page. Can someone cross verify?

2341 - 2360 of 2363 Posts