SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 659 Posts

·
Soul_Seoul
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this thread is for korean landscapes, mainly about nature scenes...
I guess this kinda thread not made yet here this forum.. what a sad!

anyway,, hope u enjoy and join me,...
this is open thread as other threads of mine,.. so anyone would be welcome to post your pix !

·
Soul_Seoul
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
* Upo wetland(우포늪) is in Changnyeong-gun, South Gyeongsang province,. near Nakdong river..

accroding to Wikipedia, it as a whole covers 2.13 km², so the largest inland wetland in South Korea, and one of the two Ramsar wetlands in the country. Most of Upo has been protected since 1997, and now part of the Upo Ecological Park. A visitor's center and observation tower have been constructed near the wetland. ..

·
Soul_Seoul
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
* Mt.Odaesan is one the most famous and highest mountains in Gangwon province, with Mt.Seoraksan and Mt. Geumgangsan,.. (but, now Mt.Geumgang is in North Korea)
actually, Gangwon Province is in the midst of Baekdudaegan(Baek-du-dae-gan), which is the symbolic spine of the Korean Peninsula starting from Mt.Baekdu (chinese call it Mt.Changbai) , so Gangwon province is the highest land in South Korea...
especially, Mt. Odaesan is in Pyeongchang county, which try to hold winter olympic games..

according to Wikipedia, Woljeongsa temple is located on the eastern slopes of Mt.Odaesan. It was founded in 643, by monk Jajang in Shilla dynasty.. very old temple.. ..

·
Soul_Seoul
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
* Okjeong lake is in Imsil-gun (gun means county), North Jeolla Province. which has the byname of 'Unam Reservoir' . It is artificial lake which was made by the construction of dams along the Seomjin river. Its water covers 370㎢, so it's widest lake in North Jeolla land,.. but the spot on the pics is the chief photographing spot,.... cuz the scene of the small islands among the lake and mist is so specifically beautiful.. ..

·
Soul_Seoul
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
* Bulguksa temple is located in Gyeongju, the captial of Shilla dynasty.. It was originally built in 528 under the regime of Beop-heung-wang.and expanded into today's appearance in 751 under Gyeong-deok-wang. Maybe it is the representative temple of Shilla dynasty, About the temple, the most attractive thing is Dabotap and Seokgatap stone pagodas,, Of course the both stone pagodas are not all about the temple.. Anyway,. based on the significance, the temple was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List, in 1995.
I'll show the pics at another chance.. ....

·
Soul_Seoul
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
these pics are part of Mt.Seoraksan...
as already said above, Mt.Seoraksan is the best mountain in Gangwon, and Mt.Odaesan is in the next stage. and Mt.Geumgangsan is the best in North Korean Gangwon province..

1 - 20 of 659 Posts