SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 494 Posts

·
Calicut
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Start of with a good news

Kakkayam , peruvannamuzhi project gets 5 crore

inaugaration of commensement of work will be done by cheif minister on 14th July

കക്കയം, പെരുവണ്ണാമൂഴി പദ്ധതിക്ക് അഞ്ച് കോടി

കോഴിക്കോട്: കക്കയം -പെരുവണ്ണാമൂഴി വിനോദ സഞ്ചാരപദ്ധതിക്ക് കേന്ദ്രസര്*ക്കാര്* അഞ്ചു കോടി രൂപ അനുവദിച്ചു. സംസ്ഥാന സര്*ക്കാര്* അനുവദിച്ച ഒന്നര കോടിക്കു പുറമെയാണിത്.
കേന്ദ്രവിഹിതത്തില്* കക്കയത്ത് പ്രവേശകവാടം, നിരീക്ഷണ ടവറുകള്*, പവലിയനുകള്*, കഫ്റ്റീരിയ, ബോട്ടുജെട്ടി, ടോയ്ലറ്റ് ബ്ളോക്, സ്പൈസ് ഗാര്*ഡന്*, കുട്ടികള്*ക്കുളള കളിസ്ഥലം, ആംഫി തിയറ്റര്* തുടങ്ങിയവ നിര്*മിക്കും. 2.19 കോടി ഇതിനായി ചെലവഴിക്കും.
പദ്ധതി 30 മാസം കൊണ്ട് പൂര്*ത്തീകരിക്കാനാണ് ലക്ഷ്യമിടുന്നതെന്ന് കലക്ടര്* കെ.വി. മോഹന്*കുമാര്* അറിയിച്ചു. പെരുവണ്ണാമൂഴിയില്* നാല് ബോട്ടു ജെട്ടികള്*, പവലിയനുകള്*, ടോയ്ലറ്റ്ബ്ളോക്, വാച്ചിങ് ടവറുകള്*, കുട്ടികള്*ക്കുള്ള കളിസ്ഥലം, ദ്വീപുകളുടെ വികസനം, തൂക്കുപാലം, റോഡുകള്*, വൈദ്യുതീകരണം, കഫ്റ്റീരിയ തുടങ്ങിയവക്കായി 2.66കോടി രൂപയാണ് വകയിരുത്തിയത്. ജലസേചന വകുപ്പാണ് പദ്ധതി പൂര്*ത്തീകരിക്കുന്നത്. കുറ്റ്യാടി ജലസേചന പദ്ധതിയുടെ എക്സിക്യൂട്ടിവ് എന്*ജിനീയറെ പ്രവര്*ത്തനങ്ങള്*ക്ക് ചുമതലപ്പെടുത്തിയതായും കലക്ടര്* അറിയിച്ചു.
സര്*ക്കാരിന്*െറ ഒന്നാം വാര്*ഷികാഘോഷങ്ങളുടെ ഭാഗമായി ജൂലൈ 14 രാവിലെ ഒമ്പതിന് മുഖ്യമന്ത്രി ഉമ്മന്*ചാണ്ടി പദ്ധതിയുടെ നിര്*മാണോദ്ഘാടനം നിര്*വഹിക്കും.
കക്കയം ജി.എല്*.പി സ്കൂള്* മൈതാനത്ത് നടക്കുന്ന ചടങ്ങില്* ടൂറിസം മന്ത്രി എ.പി. അനില്*കുമാര്* അധ്യക്ഷത വഹിക്കും.

·
GeoStatic
1,285 Posts
^^
Great News !
Peruvannamuzhi was neglected for long years after the localite Dr.KG Adiyodi's efforts for beautification and up gradation when he was in ministerial ship on 1971-75. On Last ministry ,by another localite Binoy Viswam, the region was included in govt's 'eco-tourism program' , there was some remarkable changes in the surrounding areas like Janakikkadu, but it wasn't much noticeable at both the dam sites. Also the Japan drinking water project spoiled the topography and natural beauty in some area.

It is a great news , this time it is by central govt , sanctioning a noticeable amount for both Kakkayam and Peruvannamuzhi. Hope the amount will be utilized best, and will not be getting lapsed or frozen because of the delays from state authorities.

·
Banned
637 Posts
Bid to explore tourism potential of district

District Collector K.V. Mohan Kumar on Thursday announced a slew of programmes to explore the untapped tourism potential of the district.

In an interaction with the media at Thusharagiri here, he said the new proposals were aimed at providing a thrust to domestic tourism.

A major proposal was the Rs.10-crore project to develop an uru (yacht) cruise service from Beypore to Kappad beach, he said. There will be two cruise trips daily- a lunch cruise and a sunset cruise. The cruise service will be clubbed with a boat service through the Canoly canal from Olavanna to Beypore.

The district administration has also submitted a proposal of Rs.99 lakh to develop the Thamarassery ghats, a part of which is in Kozhikode. Part of the proposal is a signature tower at adivaaram in memory of Karinthandan, who developed the idea of the Thamarassery ghat road.

The ghat area will be divided into nine zones, and view points, pavilions, solar lighting, parking yards will be provided at different points. A canopy walkway will be developed in zone 4 consisting of hairpin bends from 3 to 5, subject to the approval of the forest department. Pre-fabricated sales kiosks with display of produce from the forest will be installed.

The Zone 7, consisting of the 9{+t}{+h}hairpin bend that is also the border point of the district, will be promoted as a mist zone.

The Kozhikode beach will be the focal point of the city-based tourism activities, with the proposal for a Rs.65.5-lakh ethnic food court project on the beachside. Facilities for parasailing and paragliding are also on the anvil.

The second phase of development of the Thusharagiri ecotourism project would be completed before Onam, the Collector said. This will include the work on the cottages and its furnishing.

A proposal of Rs.59 lakh for the third phase has been submitted. The third phase includes a dormitory for group visitors, two more cottages, walkways and railings at dangerous spots near the waterfall, a multipurpose hall and landscaping work.

The Collector also announced the plan to setup a consortium involving government as well as private players in the tourism industry. The consortium, which is being set up for the first time in Kerala, is aimed at promoting Kozhikode as a major tourism destination in the State.

from thehindu: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-kerala/article3660603.ece

·
Calicut
6,396 Posts

* SM street beautification project to start soon
* Much needed for Calicuts fashion street
I seriously believe that SM street must be preserved as it is, it will loose its flavor if renovated like this, they just need to strengthen the old buildings and give it a fresh coat of paint, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I seriously believe that SM street must be preserved as it is, it will loose its flavor if renovated like this, they just need to strengthen the old buildings and give it a fresh coat of paint, what do you guys think?
I would like to see more facilities for pedestrian and better drainage...an over roof is also not a bad idea...

Now it is "dirty street" after a rain..so pathetic

·
Calicut
6,396 Posts
^^i agree with both of you to some extend, but Irshad, again, over head roof is not a good idea for me, as RKPV said it should be made as a walk only street with quality pavement. I am also not happy with uniform sign boards, it will be really boring to see everything written in the same style, i have never seen a street anywhere with uniform sign boards, just need to organize the way they are put up.

·
here and there
4,712 Posts
mmm + 1/2 :)

If it is coming like any heritage project of foreign countries or at-least like that of Connaught Place renovation. I will support this plan. But I am pessimist here,. They will add some fake Dabba roofs ( like what they did with Malabar Mansion Hotel) and will put some interlocks here and there and nothing.

I will like to see a ban for vehicles in SM Street . and some proper project designed by any well known architect . Then only it will work.

·
Eternally Confuzzled
4,093 Posts
mmm + 1/2 :)

I will like to see a ban for vehicles in SM Street . and some proper project designed by any well known architect . Then only it will work.
:cheers:

·
Banned
637 Posts
Music cafes to be set up in Kozhikode

The District Tourism Promotion Council ( DTPC) and Iringal-Sargaalaya will set up music cafes in the city.

First such cafe will be set up at the Kozhikode Beach before Onam. The cafe will be open from 6pm till 10pm. Live music concert will also be organized at the cafe.

District collector K V Mohankumar said that the music cafe would serve a variety of traditional cuisines.

from timesofindia: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-set-up-in-Kozhikode/articleshow/15220056.cms

1 - 20 of 494 Posts