SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
8,060 Posts
was there just last week. much more amazing on the ground : )

Reactions: rychlik

·
Tomek Darda
685 Posts
Thanks for the pictures Gatsby! I've visited quite a few great cities of the world and know quite a bit about many others. They may be bigger or more imposing architecturally, but I've never really seen a city more beautifully structured. Even the wonderful Prague cannot compare IMHO. The ring of Krakow (called Planty locally) is a historical monument to behold - it is actually older than the Viennese one (The Krakowian park was created in 1820s) and more cohesive. Just wow.

PS. And the mound of this city (some presented above) seem to be very unique, anybody seen some similar artificial, comemorative hills in such a big number (Krakow has at least 5 and 2 of them are actually over 1200 years old) and so beautifully placed anywhere else? I'm asking seriously.

·
Banned
8,060 Posts
Krakow has a series of walls around the Polish Acropolis, the Wawel Hill and Castle, then the old town, the town of Kazimierz had its own wall, and you can still see remnants and bastions from those walls, but their outline will never disappear. Most of the wall around the old town was taken down to create a huge park called the Planty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts