SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my pics of this gorgeous city. I have some more old town pictures, but they are in another camera (by the time I reached the old town, I had already used a 256MB card :D ). I should be uploading them very soon.

Some samples:

·
Banned
294 Posts
Edmundo, you should have waited untill spring starts - Krakow looks much more better in summer. ;) If you plan to visit our town again, do not forget go to Kosciuszko Mound (Kopiec Kosciusz) - in my opinion it`s more interesting than all those boring places like Main Square :p.

·
Banned
294 Posts
Edmundo, you should have waited untill spring starts - Krakow looks much more better in summer. ;) If you plan to visit our town again, do not forget go to Kosciuszko Mound (Kopiec Kosciusz) - in my opinion it`s more interesting than all those boring places like Main Square etc. :p.

·
Registered Abuser
2,456 Posts
Kraków has this unforgettable magic that makes it look great at all times of the year, and if someone has a different opinion, then it's nothing but bullshit. Thanks - grande obrigado - to you Edmundo for bringing this magic here and a Happy Easter to you :)

·
senior assistant designer
1,453 Posts
Do you have some other pictures from Warsow, Vilnus and Kaunas? Have you done some shots while travelling by train? I'm interested in way how people from outside of Poland perceives our cities. Do they look the same way as others in Europe and world?

·
Read Only
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hello guys, thank you for the comments. When I say that I really loved Krakow and Warsaw I am not joking. I know the majority of the big European cities (and many of the smaller too) and believe me, Polish cities were high up in my list. And quite frankly, despite the crappy weather I don't regret for a single second to have visited Poland this time of the year. Prices were REALLY good (the air ticket was ridiculously cheap, if compared to other times of the year) and at some points I felt that Warsaw and Krakow were only mine. I loved Poland and I want to go back as soon as possible. The only bad thing in my trip was its short duration.

@ yasioo: I have LOTS of other pictures, although many of them are with me or my wife. I have some movies as well :)
The look of the Polish cities is unmistakingly European, although they were very unique in their way. I don't know how to explain, but I felt history to be much more alive in Polish cities than in other places in Europe. One thing that surprised me is that the standard of living in Poland is much higher than I thought it would be. While looking at the small villages during my train trips, I could easily see that even poor people in Poland lived with great dignity. I saw very very few homeless people (that I remind, only one in the train station).

Oh, and a comment a married man wasn't supposed to do: Polish girls are stunning! Really, I felt somewhat disturbed by the overwhelming number of beautiful girls that I saw in Poland :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.