SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts

Things that seem to augur well for this project:

CREC president believes Bandar Malaysia project will be completed ahead of time.

In another news Dr. Mahathir told the IWH-CREC consortium to start the construction immediately.

Also Alibaba and Huawei have indicated that they want to set up their regional base in Bandar Malaysia.

·
Registered
794 Posts
^^Is there a link about the height of the structure and number of floors? From the video it seems the tower is on elevated ground(adjacent to Bukit Seputih?) and the fortress/citadel like structures follow the contour of the site. The actual tower seems to be around the same height range with the other taller buildings in the model.

·
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
^^Is there a link about the height of the structure and number of floors? From the video it seems the tower is on elevated ground(adjacent to Bukit Seputih?) and the fortress/citadel like structures follow the contour of the site. The actual tower seems to be around the same height range with the other taller buildings in the model.
Bandar Malaysia is built on the flat land, fyi. There is no contour, mountain or whatsoever.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
that mountain looking thing is hideous
hope its just a placeholder

·
Registered
794 Posts

https://www.straitstimes.com/sites/...325695.jpg?itok=qtCU64qN&timestamp=1576604847
From the image, apparently the tower is somewhere near the former Angkatan Tentera Golf Club which was at an elevated part of the former airport site bordering Bukit Seputih. Not all of the former airport site is flat, of which the low hills can be seen along the KL-Seremban Expressway parallel to the runway.

The golf course as part of Bandar Malaysia development. There are pictures of the course in Google maps showing the hilly terrain.

http://mole.my/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/PROPOSED-REALIGNMENT5_0.jpg

I don't think this tower is part of the original SOM master plan but a new addition that they decided on when reviving the Bandar Malaysia development. I won't mind if SOM took the designing task for it.

·
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

https://www.straitstimes.com/sites/...325695.jpg?itok=qtCU64qN&timestamp=1576604847
From the image, apparently the tower is somewhere near the former Angkatan Tentera Golf Club which was at an elevated part of the former airport site bordering Bukit Seputih. Not all of the former airport site is flat, of which the low hills can be seen along the KL-Seremban Expressway parallel to the runway.

The golf course as part of Bandar Malaysia development. There are pictures of the course in Google maps showing the hilly terrain.

http://mole.my/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/PROPOSED-REALIGNMENT5_0.jpg

I don't think this tower is part of the original SOM master plan but a new addition that they decided on when reviving the Bandar Malaysia development. I won't mind if SOM took the designing task for it.
As news stated 2 days ago, this is the revised master plan.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
doesnt have any essence of so called 'bandar Malaysia'...where is the Malaysia identity.

IMO something like kg morten melaka..but in modern and minimalist architecture.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
doesnt have any essence of so called 'bandar Malaysia'...where is the Malaysia identity.

IMO something like kg morten melaka..but in modern and minimalist architecture.
I see nothing wrong with this fortified megatall shape
Let me remind you, cmiiw THIS was the original Melaka/Malacca in English (at its peak 1400-1600)

The original fort built in Melaka Sultanate's era (yellow)

This is when the Portugueses rebuilt and made some changes and betterments of the fort

And nobody knows if this wooden Kampung Morten already existed or not during those times

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I see nothing wrong with this fortified megatall shape
Let me remind you, cmiiw THIS was the original Melaka/Malacca in English (at its peak 1400-1600)

The original fort built in Melaka Sultanate's era (yellow)

This is when the Portugueses rebuilt and made some changes and betterments of the fort

And nobody knows if this wooden Kampung Morten already existed or not during those times
Psst... your photos aren't visible here. :lol:

Reactions: Bourgandy

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,241 Posts
megatall disney castle, the hanging gardens of Kuala Lumpur, sign me up! :cheers: I would hope for more renders, the base is so large that ventilation might become a problem and how large of a mall would they plan, a lot of this project is windowless floor area, what will that be otherwiese used for.

Reactions: rnbw and QalzimCity

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Aaaawwww, those X-ray-photos of the (fat) baby from Neuschwanstein castle and Mont-Saint-Michel is looking cute! ^.^

21 - 40 of 94 Posts