SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,139 Posts
I would also like to see a cutaway render, floorplan, or any render other than that model tbh, do we even know who designed this? Was this just put together without much thought or is there and actual architectural studio behind this?

Grotesque and heavy. It definitely didn't please me.
that's what she said

·
13,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I would also like to see a cutaway render, floorplan, or any render other than that model tbh, do we even know who designed this? Was this just put together without much thought or is there and actual architectural studio behind this?

that's what she said
They have just announced the project in December. Just wait for few more months, all the render will be out. :cheers:

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,139 Posts
^^
yeah, but waiting is difficult with a project that outlandish and exciting ;) I doubt it will be final though

Reactions: QalzimCity

·
13,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

·
Skyscraper
281 Posts

Yep, the tower is still included in the master plan. Apparently the scale model is located in the Le Meridien Hotel KL Sentral although I'm not sure whether it is accessible to public or not.

·
13,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Zafrul: RM140b Bandar Malaysia will be country’s biggest development
Bernama
September 16, 2020 09:56 am +08

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,139 Posts
Wait, hold on a minute, so there is this megatall thread and a further 450m and one 500m one and in one more thread it was announced there is another 600m-700m building coming. Are there any renders except the model that shows this building. This confuses me quite a lot, do the buildings have plots or is it just a masterplan and no in depth plans yet? It's said that everything is finalized, but there is no plot layouts available. This is a 33.7 billion USD plan, how does this compare to other CBDs that got stomped out of nothingness in the past?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Wait, hold on a minute, so there is this megatall thread and a further 450m and one 500m one and in one more thread it was announced there is another 600m-700m building coming. Are there any renders except the model that shows this building. This confuses me quite a lot, do the buildings have plots or is it just a masterplan and no in depth plans yet? It's said that everything is finalized, but there is no plot layouts available. This is a 33.7 billion USD plan, how does this compare to other CBDs that got stomped out of nothingness in the past?
I think the preliminary master plan has been done and with the on and off nature of the project, I won't be surprised if there will be more changes. I do think the model buildings are just conceptual place markers, not final designs.

·
13,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,139 Posts
posting the new render for visibility:

Didn't know Malaysia used feet as measurement.

One interesting observation is that the building to the left of the main tower has 10 floors visible and it's about a height of 30 pixels, While the whole structure is a bit over 300 pixels. That building looks like a residential building, so assuming a floor is around 3m tall, the whole structure would only be just above 300m. while the main tower also seems to show a floor at roughly 3 pixels or 46 pixels for 16 floors. I expect the main tower to be more of an office or hotel tower with higher floors, so maybe roughly 4m per floor. With the main tower being a bit further to the back I would say the main spire reaches roughly 350m-450m. This is a far cry of the suggested 600m in the title and actually looks a lot more feasible and reasonable. I would love this kind of project getting a go ahead and us getting more info, hope they keep the design, so unique!

edit: a new video gives a better and taller estimate

Reactions: Rimau and sepul

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
They built scale model of the Minas Tirith tower, and now we get to see digital artist impression of the same design. I hope that means that it is not just a random thing, but a real plan.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts