SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

Skyscraper
Sheesh, I guess I'll swing around Le Meridien Hotel and snap some pictures of the model if I have a chance later.

Registered
posting the new render for visibility:

Didn't know Malaysia used feet as measurement.

One interesting observation is that the building to the left of the main tower has 10 floors visible and it's about a height of 30 pixels, While the whole structure is a bit over 300 pixels. That building looks like a residential building, so assuming a floor is around 3m tall, the whole structure would only be just above 300m. while the main tower also seems to show a floor at roughly 3 pixels or 46 pixels for 16 floors. I expect the main tower to be more of an office or hotel tower with higher floors, so maybe roughly 4m per floor. With the main tower being a bit further to the back I would say the main spire reaches roughly 350m-450m. This is a far cry of the suggested 600m in the title and actually looks a lot more feasible and reasonable. I would love this kind of project getting a go ahead and us getting more info, hope they keep the design, so unique!
Looking at Google Earth, the hillock where the tower is supposed to be is about 80m above sea level. The runway is at 33m. That leaves a 47m rise in elevation. Yet the total height of the waterfall is about 20 stories high (around 60m), in relation to the buildings depicted nearby.
So are they going to raise the ground to have a 60m waterfall and even higher for the Neuschwanstein Castle or Mont-Saint-Michel, inspired tower? Would the 600 metres be the actual building height or just total elevation above sea level?

whitest boy in the delta
I was really confused about this project, so I will dissect it a little bit:

A CREC Regional HQ

In most renders it is a twin tower or at least two towers of same height with slithly different designs. Looks like only one tower has a developer yet, so maybe the second tower will be a second phase?

B Bandar Malaysia Landmark Tower

The thread we are currently in. From the video it is clear, this will be the tallest building and it will be taller than the building complex in C, which is easier to estimate the height of. This way I would revise my earlier estimate upwards, I still don't think it's megatall though.

C Bandar Malaysia Iconic Tower

Inside the thread there are much clearer images and it looks like the tallest building will be around 90 floors and looks to be around 400m-450m.

Reactions: Ch.W

whitest boy in the delta
It looks under 600m to me even when disregarding the elevation.

Reactions: Rimau

whitest boy in the delta
will they build an artificial hill for the project?

Reactions: Rimau

whitest boy in the delta
So the entire Bandar Malaysia is not going to be complete within the next 10 years or so. It may take 20 to 30 years to finish, depending on the market
Hope at least one of the supertall projects is in the early phase of the project development.

Reactions: Rimau and psprog

Registered
I suggest that the early phase should be around the terminus since HSR to Singapore now is in tender process and will take place in the end of the year. Singapore is waiting for the final suspension in 31 Dec 2020.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts