Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2377 Posts

·
France Vingt-Quatre
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is the one of the newest addition to KL beautification projects apart of currently under construction DBKL’s very own City Walk project around KLCC/Jalan P.Ramlee vicinity.

Jalan Doraisamy project restoration and preservation or officially known as Asian Heritage Row project is a charming neighborhood of tastefully refurbished pre-war residences which now house a wide variety of restaurants, cafes, wine bars, and night spots

This small and humble area of the capital city is now fast becoming the trendiest and finest place for fine-dining and nightlife. Privately funded project, managed by Asian Heritage Row and fully endorsed by the city hall and Sheraton Imperial Hotel, their main objectives are to preserves and restores the forgotten and abandoned pre-war residences along the strip into its former glory and turning the neighborhood into distinctively gastronomical and nightlife heaven.

More colonial buildings are given their new makeover along with their new possessors, club and restaurant owners.

Unlike contemporary and ever popular Bangsar, Hartamas and Jln Sultan Ismail strip, this part of the capital city is obviously under rated or unheard especially among visitors. With its colonial and pre-war architecture, Asian Heritage Row will surely charm any visitors and locals alike. :)

This area is easily assessable by:-
Monorail: Raja Chulan Station
LRT: Dang Wangi

·
Registered
997 Posts
^^ Thanks for the pictures! That area is very impressive lately...a job well done. I hope the conservation efforts are extended to cover all the colonial row houses there.:)

As your post mentions it too, this place is rather unknown but not for long I should think. ;)

·
klite
2,589 Posts
welcome thundercatskl, cool pics :wave: i always like streetscapes & buildings from streetlevel. Asian heritage row is definately an up & coming area, lots of cool restaurants & bars in restored row houses :eek:kay:

·
12,964 Posts
baqthier said:
OMG! Is this KL?!!! :eek: :eek:

Great job with the pics! Finally I get to see them!

You mean I haven't showed you the Asian Heritage Row before? :? Hmmmmm.......I've been bringing visitors there for a few years now......maybe the last time you're here it is not there yet ....forgot liao :D

Nazrey > Have I brought you there before? :?

·
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter
10,127 Posts
the restoration of Asian Heritage Row is awesome. hope to see more restorations like that :eek:kay:

·
mumbling imprecations
1,448 Posts
Nazrey, your night shot experiiment is a hit! :applause:

@thundercat: welcome to the forum, and thank you for the nice introduction! :)

·
France Vingt-Quatre
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Bangunan KWSP (HQ) getting her cosmetic touchup after her sister branch in federal highway undergone extreme makeover few months/years ago.

DBKL --> Interior makeover - checked
KSWP --> exterior/lobby makeover - checked
Menara Tun Razak --> when?

SEAfan TQ! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 2377 Posts