SkyscraperCity banner

3741 - 3760 of 3854 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Burj Khalifa look just fine standing by itself , its like a king sitting majestically on its own throne....i feel like too many similar heights supertall too close to each other like NYC is not that desirable, just my personal opinion
Yeah, you very utterly subjective minority-based opinion .Well, think that's even more desirable, cooler, more unique and way more metropolis-like, just saying. Well, it's almost a sole king, whereas a building like Commodore tower or one WTF would be a more accompanied king. And, that's attitude a majority holds, otherwise yeah, when that said, it's quite outstanding to be a standalone, but that's just in the foreseeable future, and think there would be more in its company, perhaps almost as tall, like in the deep future, yeah. Just have to be optimistic, regarding that, too. Good that that has been settled and clarified once for all, I suppose. Now back on track of the very topic, beautiful people..👍✌🌈💎😌😬😉

·
I Love Chicago!
11,077 Posts
While that view is pretty cool, Kuala Lumpur could use some more supertalls, the problem with the worlds tallest buildings is that if they’re not clustered or in a city with a bunch of supertalls, they stick out like sore thumbs. Just look at the Burj Khalifa, there’s still a 1,200 foot tall height difference between that and Marina 101 yet it still looks out of place!
Marina 101 is miles from BK... the tallest building close to BK is only 370 meters, less than half of BK's height.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Marina 101 is miles from BK... the tallest building close to BK is only 370 meters, less than half of BK's height.
Shanghai is the only city having a megatall with 2 supertalls (one over 400m and one almost 500m) next to it.

·
Skyscraper
281 Posts
I have never seen the two individual trussed segments behind the crowning fins in any renderings before. Have they made some modifications to the crown level?
I think the right trusses are meant for stabilizing the crane. Nothing more. It sits on top of a very high building after all. It need extra protection from strong winds and the wobble of the whole building.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I think the right trusses are meant for stabilizing the crane. Nothing more. It sits on top of a very high building after all. It need extra protection from strong winds and the wobble of the whole building.
The cranes have been there for quite a while. Those trussed structures just recently, like a few days back. Check on previous recent images and videos and compare with this particular one.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The upcoming Merdeka 118, formerly known as KL118, is on track to be completed by the second quarter (Q2) of 2022, according to Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB) group chairman Tan Sri Dr Zeti Aziz.
Despite facing a delay in the construction process during the Movement Control Order (MCO) that started on March 18 last year, Zeti expected at least two to three months of extension for the project.

"The building has reached level 118, with a facade at level 99. We are very pleased with this progress," she told reporters after PNB's financial year 2020 virtual briefing on Thursday.
Meanwhile, PNB president and group chief executive officer Ahmad Zulqarnain Onn said the group is currently in advanced discussions with a number of “large” domestic and international corporations on being a co-anchor together with PNB for the Merdeka 118 building.

"We have a significant portion of the high floors being taken up by the Park Hyatt Hotel that will open next year.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts

“In addition, with the advanced discussions with a number of potential tenants, we are confident that when we do open the Merdeka 118, the occupancy rate will be very healthy," she said.

It was reported that PNB and its subsidiaries will take up 42 floors at Merdeka 118, while 14 floors are for amenities. Four floors will become observation decks and another 41 floors are for office rental.

The upper 17 floors of the tower will house Park Hyatt Hotel Kuala Lumpur, operated by Hyatt Hotels Corp.

The five-star hotel will have 232 guest rooms, 28 suites, and 30 serviced apartments.

This leaves about 20% of the total space of Merdeka 118, or about 500,000 sq ft, open for leasing.

3741 - 3760 of 3854 Posts