SkyscraperCity banner

5661 - 5680 of 5685 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here are some aerial KL photos over the decades:

Skyline of KL - 1970.

Skyline of KL - early 1990s.

KL aerial view early 1950s looking down on Masjid Jamek, rear of Sultan Abdul Samad building and Padang, photo via Martin Armstrong

KL aerial view mid 1950s looking down on railway station, railway administration buildings and Majestic Hotel, photo via Martin Armstrong

KL aerial view late 1950s courtesy of Ian Layzell. Sultan Abdul Samad building in the foreground.
Sir
Have you ever come across any picture of the old railway station at the junction of Jalan Pudu and Jalan Pasar? This is near the current Pudu LRT station.

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts

K. Lumpur circa 1950's - Traffic Policeman on duty directing traffic at the junction of Batu Road (Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman) and Campbell Road (Jalan Dang Wangi) in front of Odeon Cinema.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you @Raynyman

Here's some background

A few weeks ago a good friend threw me a spanner by mentioning that there was a railway link between Jalan Sultan and Ampang.

I recalled there was a railway station at Pudu / Jalan Pasar. So I was totally fascinated how the railway line was going to run.

Wrecked my brain and search the net for proof. Started sending emails and posted in various forums.

A kind and helpful soul posted a 1962 map of Kuala Lumpur early this morning. And that's the pieces fell in place and got a reboot of my memories cell.

Note that I am using current location names.

From Jalan Sultan the next station is Pudu / Jalan Pasar. After that the rail line split at the Cheras JKR workshop one line heading towards Sungei Besi / Jalan Chan Sow Lin while the other go parallel to Jalan Cheras and cut-back towards Shamelin side where the current flyover and LRT services run.

I remembered constantly running over railway tracks after Jalan Jejaka as well as noticing disused railway gate many years ago. There was a stall serving great India food there. Relocated to Jalan Pudu Lama after PGRM.

Then railway line then runs towards Pandan Indah and somewhere towards Ampang

Proof? Use the 1962 map of KL

Choose the flash option- clearer.

PS I love old railway

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts

View of the old Malacca Street (Jalan Melaka) bus station circa 1960s. The old Standard Chartered Bank is partly hidden behind the trees in the background.

·
Registered
13,017 Posts

K. Lumpur circa 1950's - Traffic Policeman on duty directing traffic at the junction of Batu Road (Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman) and Campbell Road (Jalan Dang Wangi) in front of Odeon Cinema.
Pity the policeman - it must have gotten very hot for by midday lorr hahaha !!!
:LOL: :ROFLMAO::)

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts

View of "The Triangle"; located at downtown Kuala Lumpur; circa 1900s-1930s, formed by Petaling Street (left), High Street (Jalan Tun H S Lee; right) with Pudu Street (Lebuh Pudu) cutting through both streets in the middle of the photo.

5661 - 5680 of 5685 Posts