SkyscraperCity banner

181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
The-Real-Link!!
907 Posts
That black side-lit tower really reminds me of photos of the Aon Center in LA due to similar profile aesthetics. But man, thinking if that tower was in LA's skyline instead, haha!

·
19,304 Posts
2030? You get your news from Europe? Then what is the construction is all about.
this
The first phase will comprise the commercial podium which is currently being developed and designed to integrate with the new MRT 2 underground station.
Even if they drilled piles for the megatall we shouldn't mark the tower as under construction if they're not going to start vertical construction for years.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Yes. Foundation has been completed and ready for the construction.
Yes, but are there any indications or news whatsoever that suggests the tower will be constructed now? Or are they waiting to build the tower in phase 2? The sources posted in this thread suggest they are waiting until after 2030. If you have other sources, please show them.

·
Registered
101,310 Posts
For me I think 'the tower' won't build in this world economy downturn yet. The construction on site is only for new mall by Korean contractor Samsung C&T and MRT Persiaran KLCC underground station (line 12) by local contractor MMC Gamuda underneat, that is obvious things ware happened altogether from now on. The Lot M tower still 'no' contractor award so far!

Mall and MRT underground station

Credit @nazzimanm

·
Registered
101,310 Posts
MAIN CONTRACTOR HISTORY for supertall/megatall in KUALA LUMPUR
Petronas Towers (1999)

Tower 1: Hazama Corporation (Japan)
Tower 2: Samsung Engineering & Construction and Kukdong Engineering & Construction
City Center: B.L. Harbert International (Korea, USA)

Menara Telekom (2001)
Deawoo Construction (Korea)

Four Seasons Place (2018)
China Railway Construction Corp (CRCC)

The Exchange 106 (2019)
China State Construction Engineering Corporation

Merdeka 118 (2021)
Samsung C&T Corp (Korea)

8 Conlay (2022)
MCC Overseas (M) Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia)

Oxley Tower (2022)
Ssangyong Engineering & Construction (Korea)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am not confident that Tower M would be ever finished. Piling is done, I heard, right? But the skyscraper boom in KL is over. I'm expecting this project to stay stranded at one point (unless state-funded) like the Pentomina in Dubai. KL is enduring a surplus of office spaces, so it's illogical to build a 700 metre tall skyscraper on a place where office spaces won't turn up any profit at all.

·
13,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
Description
The Phase 1 of an iconic 6-storey podium building part of the KLCC Development Master Plan comprise a shopping mall and a new gallery for PETRONAS. The structure of the building is designed in the form of a cantilever and atypical facade. The podium is fully integrated with Persiaran KLCC MRT Station Line 2. The core of a future office tower will be constructed to meet the provisions of the Railway Act 1991 (Railway Protection Zone) Regulations 1998.

Client
Samsung C&T Corporation for KLCC (Holdings) Sdn Bhd

Scopes & Innovations
BIM Independent Checker
Review & Approved BIM Execution Plan
Facilitate Clash Workshops
Review & Approved LOD 400, 500 BIM Modelling (Architecture, Structure & MEP)
Advice on BIM 3D, 4D and 5D Workflow
Review Common Data Environment (CDE)

·
Registered
101,310 Posts
KLCC Holding Sdn Bhd fail to rise up Fairmont KLCC but can rise Oxley Towers...and upon new MRT line station at KLCC (underground section) can not delay since it is important public movement over-there! So the shopping complex by Samsung C&T need ASAP!

Persiaran KLCC MRT underground station will open in 2022 under phase 2 towards Putrajaya terminate station. The 6-storey shopping complex above the station should complete before its opening..

https://www.mymrt.com.my/wp-content...mber-Jalan-Binjai-Persiaran-KLCC-1-Large.jpeg

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
KLCC Holding Sdn Bhd fail to rise up Fairmont KLCC but can rise Oxley Towers...and upon new MRT line station at KLCC (underground section) can not delay since it is important public movement over-there! So the shopping complex by Samsung C&T need ASAP!
ngarut ape ni ? Oxley was not under KLCC Holdings. It's a different entity.

181 - 200 of 215 Posts