SkyscraperCity banner

441 - 445 of 445 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
From Woods Bagot website:
That has to be an early concept placeholder render. It doesn't really make sense to split the floors like that on the most valuable floors of the tower. Not only is a third of the gross floorspace removed, but you need to build separate load-bearing systems, elevators, escape routes, plumbing, wiring, etc. in the two remaining parts (plus two of whatever redundancy is required, as the two parts can't serve each other). Essentially, they're taking away half of what makes money while doubling up what costs money.

·
Registered
776 Posts
That has to be an early concept placeholder render. It doesn't really make sense to split the floors like that on the most valuable floors of the tower. Not only is a third of the gross floorspace removed, but you need to build separate load-bearing systems, elevators, escape routes, plumbing, wiring, etc. in the two remaining parts (plus two of whatever redundancy is required, as the two parts can't serve each other). Essentially, they're taking away half of what makes money while doubling up what costs money.
I too was wondering about the elevator cores at the split sections. They look too thin to accommodate straight cores within. Even the "needle eye" has gentle curved sides. Maybe there's a way to do curved cores and elevator shafts but I am won't be surprised if the cost is too exorbitant that they settled for the conventional design used in the Tradewinds promotions. Appearance wise I do think the building looks great.

441 - 445 of 445 Posts