SkyscraperCity Forum banner
881 - 900 of 21086 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Went to Borneo Highland a few weeks ago...beautiful! But I think there is a need to add more attractions...the drive up can be difficult for your car's brake, so take the "safari style shuttle"...a very enjoying ride up!

Who say Sarawak's sea are always murky????...post #880 proves that, Sarawak is still a hidden paradise!

·
I m Malaysian
950 Posts
Went to Borneo Highland a few weeks ago...beautiful! But I think there is a need to add more attractions...the drive up can be difficult for your car's brake, so take the "safari style shuttle"...a very enjoying ride up!

Who say Sarawak's sea are always murky????...post #880 proves that, Sarawak is still a hidden paradise!
or they can replace them with more safe and joyfull ride- the cable car... :)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I don't know the exact number..just know there is access limit for visitor.

About Talang Satang National Park:
Talang Satang National Park is the first National Park in Sarawak to consist primarily of a marine area. It has been created for the primary purpose of marine turtle conservation. It consists of two sections: the Satang Section (approximately 9,894 ha), and the Talang-Talang section (approximately 9,520 ha). This park includes all four islands of Pulau Satang Besar, Pulau Satang Kecil, Pulau Talang-Talang Besar, and Pulau Talang-Talang Kecil, and the area of sea and sea bed for 4.8 km (3-statute miles) from the highest point of each island. This will exclude all titled leasehold land on the island, except in cases for which settlement or agreements are negotiated with the titleholders. A permit from the Forest Department is necessary for entry to the Park.

Source:http://www.forestry.sarawak.gov.my/forweb/np/np/tsatang.htm

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
omg Kiko, i has been looking for that picture for a while.. Thanks for posting it.

About the central prison, who wants to visit that old ugly building anyway? So far, i don't think that the tourist are attracted with that building. Is that building a tourist attraction anyway?? Or just a place for ghosts to hang out? lol.
Some people are just too obsessed with old buildings. Old buildings require greater extent of maintenance... not only routine-wise, but structurally. If they say those buildings are 100 years old and such, then why we have some buildings in the 1970-80s where they found as "too old" and "need to be demolished"? You just need to add 60 years, and it's 100 year old already. Voila.. another heritage building. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Beautiful... but how come I've never heard of this place? STB should do more to promote this site.
How come u don't know? I know this place since I was a little kid. A lot of people coming in and out to this place every weekends.. it was so packed. Muara Tebas can turn into a satellite city of Kuching in any time with that amount of crowd I think.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
some of us didnt even know about tanjung datu national park..the sea is as clear as those island in sabah..check it!!amazing!!only1.5hrs drve from kchg & take a boat ride..
Yup. During sunny and clear day, u can see those crystal blue seas from Sematan town. Some part even has white sandy beaches. I've been there once, and I never thought we have such nice looking beach/seas in Sarawak. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Yup. During sunny and clear day, u can see those crystal blue seas from Sematan town. Some part even has white sandy beaches. I've been there once, and I never thought we have such nice looking beach/seas in Sarawak. :lol::lol:
i went to sematan ysterday & come to my suprise that in the evng around 4pm a grp of western & chinese tourist i guess around 20 pax juz arrved using 3 speed boats..i asked the bus drver they said they went to tanjung datu national park..i do some research ysterday about the national park & caught me by suprise..wat catch me again the drver infrm me they arrnge almost 3-4 trip a week bringing tourist here..:cheers:

try to imagine if tis park are promoted aggressively, its easily bring thousands of tourist monthly..we can do our part actually..we can promote tis place & bcme a freelance tour guide..if u can bring in 500 tourist a week, it means 2000 a/mth..how significant it is to our econmy..

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Just leave the Borneo Highlands' charm almost untouched. We don't want to see another Cameron Highlands or Kundasang. We want the cold, breezy, natural highlands... not the crowded and warm ones. :eek:hno::eek:hno:
Don't worry, Borneo Highland won't become crowded. This is because the transportation from foothill to peak and highland tour already cost you RM50.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
i went to sematan ysterday & come to my suprise that in the evng around 4pm a grp of western & chinese tourist i guess around 20 pax juz arrved using 3 speed boats..i asked the bus drver they said they went to tanjung datu national park..i do some research ysterday about the national park & caught me by suprise..wat catch me again the drver infrm me they arrnge almost 3-4 trip a week bringing tourist here..:cheers:

try to imagine if tis park are promoted aggressively, its easily bring thousands of tourist monthly..we can do our part actually..we can promote tis place & bcme a freelance tour guide..if u can bring in 500 tourist a week, it means 2000 a/mth..how significant it is to our econmy..
Even if we promote aggresively, it won't match Sabah beaches attractions. Those areas still lack infrastructures like roads, recreational facilities, resorts and hotels. Only few small resorts operate there. I think it's better left that way so it won't be spoilt much. :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Why no seats?

A very interesting extension has been made to the Kuching Waterfront but sadly DBKU has either forgotten to install seats or believed they are not necessary.

Or, maybe it fears the seats, if installed, might be vandalised.

On the positive side, seats in all parks are a vital ingredient because people who come to walk, talk or just relax must have seats to sit down on and let the world go by. After all what is the point of the extension if it does not provide space for people to interact. Seats add character to any such development and if we look at the original Waterfront, the seats are playing a vital role in getting people to form small groups, share ideas and go away renewed.

At one time, there were seats available in the small park at Were Road but they too had disappeared.

Why? Is it a nasty fear that young people may sit there and “not do their homework”?

On the question of the extension to the Waterfront, we also note that the tiles used for the paths are very rough and bumpy.

Maybe they could be smoothened to make it easier for people who frequent the area to walk or jog more comfortably.

On a final note I see a lot of litter at times mainly because people have no access to garbage bins.

The Kuching Waterfront is a very beautiful creation and it adds immeasurably to the City, especially to Main Bazaar and now Gambier Road. Let’s continue to complete the panorama and make Kuching a truly vibrant city.

881 - 900 of 21086 Posts