Skyscraper City Forum banner
14561 - 14580 of 20211 Posts

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
just came back from KK last nite for a short 1 day trip. before departure 1030pm saw jin air with B777 and easter jet B738 were fully loaded with korean..really hope kuching can attract these people to come over. however with current tourist facilities, we dont even have international attraction to pull them comin

·
Registered
625 Posts
just came back from KK last nite for a short 1 day trip. before departure 1030pm saw jin air with B777 and easter jet B738 were fully loaded with korean..really hope kuching can attract these people to come over. however with current tourist facilities, we dont even have international attraction to pull them comin
People from these Asian cities come to Sarawak to expect something different from Kuala Lumpur, Singapore or Thailand. They will be happy if we can give them something original with good services. They don't want to see in Kuching, a sub standard of what they can get at other Asian places.

I think Santubong Cable car is not a good idea. It is better to improve the existing infrastructure at Santubong.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Crazy already. Previously they chop down tree in aeon.now they chop down 50 years old tree opposite aeon.
Some beautiful, healthy trees should be saved. They really can improve our urban environment. But of course these trees need to be maintain properly to stay healthy. Some trees in city are sickly and pose danger to traffic.

People in Kuching are not into nice landscape architecture yet.

·
Registered
996 Posts
KUCHING | Sarawak (Kuching Division) | Division , District & State Capital City

This bridge is beautiful, what they need to do now is to create activities/events on either side to make people want to cross it more than once.

The north bank is kinda dead actually. If only they open both DUN and Astana to public. I mean at least some parts of the buildings.

By the way guys, CM is expected to make announcement regarding the LRT project by the end of this March.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
LRT details out end of this month
March 12, 2018, Monday

KUCHING: Chief Minister Datuk Patinggi Abang Johari Tun Openg will reveal details on the Light Railway Transit (LRT) route in Kuching by the end of this month.

“By the end of the month, I will reveal details on the route and it will not be just hot air,” said Abang Johari at the launching of PBB Women’s Wing Retreat at a hotel here yesterday.

The PBB president was referring to the opposition’s claim that his LRT vision was just hot air, which he regarded as insensible because the government needed to look into many details.

“There must be study on its route which we need to look into one by one, and we need to look at the cost first. That is why we take time to announce further details of the project,” said Abang Johari.

Stressing that there must be enough money for the project, he said the state government had its own business model and Development Bank of Sarawak (DBOS) to finance the LRT project.

“A journey of 1,000 miles starts with the first step, so let us in BN start this first. Soon leaders after me will continue my work and we hope that the train rail will continue to other parts of Sarawak as well,” he added.

The state government aims to start the LRT project as early as 2019 after feasibility studies are completed. The project is expected to be undertaken by the Sarawak Economic Development Corporation (SEDC).

http://www.theborneopost.com/2018/03/12/lrt-details-out-end-of-this-month/

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
PETROS to bring Sarawak's oil and gas industry to greater heights
By EKHWAN HAQUE FAZLUL HAQUE - March 6, 2018 @ 10:52pm

Sarawak Chief Minister, Datuk Patinggi Abang Johari Abang Openg, said with the success, Sarawak now holds full rights to the state’s natural resources, including its oil and gas industry. Pic by NSTP/NADIM BOKHARI

https://www.nst.com.my/business/201...sarawaks-oil-and-gas-industry-greater-heights
PETROS tower as Kuching tower in Isthmus would be a brilliant idea! Am I RIGHT??? A good reason to setup a landmark! But maybe in few years time

Also they can have DBOS tower too..

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
PETROS tower as Kuching tower in Isthmus would be a brilliant idea! Am I RIGHT??? A good reason to setup a landmark! But maybe in few years time

Also they can have DBOS tower too..
That is not the important part, the establishment of PETROS also means Sarawakians all around the world who are in the O&G industry can now come home and serve the homegrown O&G company.

The same for DBOS, which means Sarawakians in the financial and banking industries will slowly flow back to serve locally. Just like how DBS bank in Singapore created so much jobs for the local Singaporeans :banana:

The next big thing, the digital economy and also LRT will bring much more Sarawakians and foreginers back to the country/state, provided our government is still consistently progressive.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
That is not the important part, the establishment of PETROS also means Sarawakians all around the world who are in the O&G industry can now come home and serve the homegrown O&G company.

The same for DBOS, which means Sarawakians in the financial and banking industries will slowly flow back to serve locally. Just like how DBS bank in Singapore created so much jobs for the local Singaporeans :banana:

The next big thing, the digital economy and also LRT will bring much more Sarawakians and foreginers back to the country/state, provided our government is still consistently progressive.
That's absolutely correct. Thats why I'm saying in few years time. Its relevant to this FORUM "skyscrapercity" tho. It's just my architect brain thinking of the prospect of new towers in Kuching.

·
Web Traveller
4,649 Posts
The north bank is kinda dead actually. If only they open both DUN and Astana to public. I mean at least some parts of the buildings.

By the way guys, CM is expected to make announcement regarding the LRT project by the end of this March.
Take the Japanese temples for example. The attractions are not only the interior of the temple but the temple grounds themselves. They are littered with unique snacks and souvenirs sellers as well as tricks and treats. People enjoy the "pasar malam" experience as much as the temples.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Take the Japanese temples for example. The attractions are not only the interior of the temple but the temple grounds themselves. They are littered with unique snacks and souvenirs sellers as well as tricks and treats. People enjoy the "pasar malam" experience as much as the temples.

I hope that the new floating mosque would be opened to all tourists too. The only restriction is to dress properly inside the praying hall.

About the Astana, the current governor does not live there unlike the previous governors. So they should open to the public like the white house.

14561 - 14580 of 20211 Posts