SkyscraperCity banner

161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thank you! I like the area and the apartment very much, yesterday when it was summer outside there were a lot of people just hanging out down by the water and the area really felt alive. That is what I like most about the area I think, the fact that it feels like a part of the inner city even though it is rather remote looking at the map. My plan is to grab my tripod and bring it up to the roof-terrace soon. It should give some great views in three directions at least (looking at the top of the building the roof-terrace is on the lower roof so one side is blocket by the building).

For now I can offer you two photos from inside the apartment that I took Before we started hauling all our furniture in. I Think the kitchen has a pretty high standard for a rental, although there are some solutions that I dislike. The dishwasher is not part of the standard equipment, you have to add that yourself.

The kitchen:

The living room as seen from the front door. The kitchen is to the right and the balcony to the far right. Closest to the right is the walk-in closet.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I went to the roof terrace today and brought a proper camera with me. It is quite difficult to get good photos from there because of the tall glass walls and the rail-system that runs outside of the glass wall. I guess it has to be some sort of service system for the building. I can understand why they would want to keep it separated so that nobody interfers with it, but it really takes a lot out of the concept of the roof terrace. Anyway, I stood on the benches to get a few shots.

I just keep posting, tell me to stop, or tell me if you want me to take a picture of anything in particular.

This first shot should appeal to this forum. At the horizon, from the left is first Kista Science Tower, then Victoria Tower and to the right the hotel at Friends Arena. They really stand out!

The second shot is basically at the same angle as our balcony. On the right is the panel that runs almost from the ground and up, which lights up at night.

The view towards the city, almost the same view that we have from one of our living room windows and from the large window in the bedroom.

The roof-terrass. Not very inspiring, and always very windy. I guess that's the only thing which is good about the tall glass walls, they keep at least some of the wind out.

Finally a shot from the stairwell... If you are scared of heights, I don't recommend looking down from the 22nd floor...

·
Registered
990 Posts
^^ Thanks, Awesome photos! I love that view towards the city, for someone who like new development that sight from your livingroom would be like a dream! All of that area is going to get built in the forthcoming years, and you will have an awesome view on the Marieberg area too, which hopefully might get some tall builldings in the future! :cheers:

·
Registered
422 Posts
^^ Thanks, Awesome photos! I love that view towards the city, for someone who like new development that sight from your livingroom would be like a dream! All of that area is going to get built in the forthcoming years, and you will have an awesome view on the Marieberg area too, which hopefully might get some tall builldings in the future! :cheers:
I expect the tall building in Alvik will tower behind the Traneberg-bridge eventually. Right now that development is just a big hole in the ground, but it will be quite tall when finished, 18 floors although I'm not sure about the height in meters.

The building in this area is not nearly done, I read on a sign that they are building the largest passive residential building in Sweden (or even Norden?) below the Electrolux headquarters. That is also just a hole in the ground at the moment. Right below us there is also a large building site, although I think these new buildings will be about the same as most of the other lower buildings, maybe 6-8 floors.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've looked through the thread again, and I don't think the layout of the apartments has been posted before. They layout differs a bit between floors, but this is the general layout for most floors I guess. I know that on lower floors some apartments have smaller basement-like windows in the living-room where they are very close to other apartments on the opposite side of the square. They also have a different layout on the windows in the bedroom because the building is attached to the rest of the block where we have our large bedroom-window.

I would love to see the layout of the large apartment at the top of the building, but I haven't been able to find any schematics for it.

·
forumer #29
4,772 Posts
Sorry 'bout the over-sized and low quality photo, but I use a crappy phonecam and upload to facebook :\

Kv Lusten in the middle of the sunset seen from S:t Görans Gymnasium

·
Registered
422 Posts
Very misty today. A view from our bedroom. A few hours ago it was impossible to see even Minneberg, but now it's a bit better. Still not good visibility though, Högalidskyrkan is barely visible to the left. DN-skrapan is bright as always.

Hm, imageshack scaled it somehow so that it looks like crap, it's been squished together horizontally.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Love the density
And it will be even better when they finish the Buildings all the way to Essingeleden. When the bus depot is removed. I read somewhere that they will be building here until 2020, so there are a few years left... The building just below is starting to look good though, it was basically one floor of Concrete slabs when we moved in, right now they doing the facade, and then I guess they will start properly with the insides. I'm not sure when it will be ready, but it should be this year at least.

·
forumer #29
4,772 Posts
That view makes me think of what's across the water. Imagine if Minneberg and/or Västra Skogen had been planned and built as urban and dense as Lindhagen!

Reactions: dj4life
161 - 180 of 184 Posts