SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1182 Posts

·
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRT_Line_3

The MRT Line 3 or Circle Line MRT CC will be the third Mass Rapid Transit line for Klang Valley MRT and is currently under final planning and evaluation. Announcement of alignment & station locations is expected on Q2 2011. The Circle Line is expected to cover the hotspots surrounding the KLCC, Jalan Bukit Bintang, the new Kuala Lumpur International Financial District in Dataran Perdana, KL Ecocity, Pusat Bandar Damansara and Sentul.

·
Registered
730 Posts
From what i know, this MRT line target to be commence 2020~2025...so, i assume that, it will be announced after MRT 2 construction start (2015/2016) :cheers:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
What interests me is that the circle line will intersect Setiawangsa station after comparing that printscreen to Google Map. I foresee KJ Line from Taman Melati to Setiawangsa will be congested as people from the densely populated Setapak and Wangsa Maju suburbs and possibly Taman Melawati will commute to Setiawangsa to change to the circle line. The authorities should prepare by upgrading the parking sites to multiple storey level parking to cater to the lazy bum middle class and upper middle class who would usually park their cars at Jelatek and Setiawangsa stations and improve the feeder bus network.

Sooner ot later there wil be a need for an elevated BRT feeder bus system or monorail loop in Setiawangsa, Wangsa Maju and Setapak to feed commuters more effectively to the KJ line and circle line MRT, more like the Singapore local LRT model which connects HDB blocks to the main MRT line. This is impirtant to make people in these suburbs who most likely work in KL to ditch their cars as to control city centre traffic. This is possible as the roads at Wangsa Maju,Setapak and Setiawangsa have enough space for future elevated tracks for monorail or BRT.

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
They will have to fine tune this circle line route."Circle line will be the ultimate final jigsaw puzzle to the big plan.They simply cannot screw up on this.If its going to be delayed so be it!

·
Resident racing fanatic
1,744 Posts
Agreed. As it will tie all existing transit lines together, it's best to make sure this line is built as well as possible, with priority being given to seamless integration.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
They will have to fine tune this circle line route."Circle line will be the ultimate final jigsaw puzzle to the big plan.They simply cannot screw up on this.If its going to be delayed so be it!
I hope it will be tuned to make it more accessible to the the suburban centres around KL fringes like Ampang, Setiawangsa and Cheras if possible. The point of the circle line is to allow passenger traffic to be redistributed more efficiently to the other transit lines, hence its important that the stations are smack in the middle of residential zones where people live.

Im particularly interested on the North East section as I currently stay at Wangsa Maju. There is only that lousy Jelatek and Ampang road to access the city centre and even the KJ line is horribly congested. Its a reason itd be great if the circle line have one to three stations in the Setiawangsa,Wamgsa Maju and Setapak area but that would be asking too much I guess.

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
The ultimate aim of the circle line is give paxs alternative option to travel to the city vise versa via another line.Especially high density areas like wangsa maju,ampang and the se-rounding areas for example.It must be linked to the present LRT,MRT even Komuter stations where possible.

·
Resident racing fanatic
1,744 Posts
That and to allow passengers to travel from one suburb to another while avoiding the city centre :yes:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Kenapa laluan ke 3 (circle line ) tak buat laluan macam laluan MRR2 kerana kawasan yang berdekatan dengan MRR2 agak padat seperti Selayang, Batu Cave, Taman Melawati, Ukay Perdana, Bukit Antarabangsa dan terus ke Ampang-Cheras.

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
In my mind thats how it should be and it doesnt have to be underground.The single critical condition is that it will have to be linked to all the system thats already in service where possible.This would be the most important requirement to complete the present system.Line 2 towards putrajaya can come into picture much later when the demand can justify it.

·
Resident racing fanatic
1,744 Posts
IMO there shouldn't be any hard and fast rule about the placement of underground, at-grade and elevated alignments.

Let's say, a certain high density area was developed haphazardly with no clear main road into it, and is in dire need of rail connectivity, the public transport authority shouldn't hesitate the build that rail connection underground.
Another case, if there's an empty stretch of land where there were once overhead power lines, or an empty stretch of land right beside a highway, rail connections through there could be at-grade or sunken instead to save cost.

·
Registered
262 Posts
What interests me is that the circle line will intersect Setiawangsa station after comparing that printscreen to Google Map. I foresee KJ Line from Taman Melati to Setiawangsa will be congested as people from the densely populated Setapak and Wangsa Maju suburbs and possibly Taman Melawati will commute to Setiawangsa to change to the circle line. The authorities should prepare by upgrading the parking sites to multiple storey level parking to cater to the lazy bum middle class and upper middle class who would usually park their cars at Jelatek and Setiawangsa stations and improve the feeder bus network.

Sooner ot later there wil be a need for an elevated BRT feeder bus system or monorail loop in Setiawangsa, Wangsa Maju and Setapak to feed commuters more effectively to the KJ line and circle line MRT, more like the Singapore local LRT model which connects HDB blocks to the main MRT line. This is impirtant to make people in these suburbs who most likely work in KL to ditch their cars as to control city centre traffic. This is possible as the roads at Wangsa Maju,Setapak and Setiawangsa have enough space for future elevated tracks for monorail or BRT.
agree, now this area is congested, as mostly low to medium income communities.

·
Registered
318 Posts
From the Prasarana future transit map seem after Bandar Malaysia the MRT3 turn Eastward to Pantai Dalam near Taman Desa. Just hope they would extend and cover further southward to Kuchai Lama before turn to East, since this area still don't have any transit line.

·
Registered
13,453 Posts
From the Prasarana future transit map seem after Bandar Malaysia the MRT3 turn Eastward to Pantai Dalam near Taman Desa. Just hope they would extend and cover further southward to Kuchai Lama before turn to East, since this area still don't have any transit line.
Taman Desa is the only area with station atm. Kuchai Lama is left out as they did not want to go to far south as they need to get back to Pantai/Angkasapuri area.

1 - 20 of 1182 Posts