SkyscraperCity banner

2281 - 2300 of 2326 Posts

·
Ars longa, vita brevis
9,246 Posts
Remember that UEFA took a final to Lisbon, which is sub-70,000k, so anything above 60,000 seems doable.
Yes, and I approve of this policy of making compromises in order to bring the CL final to places with slightly smaller stadiums or to places with large athletics stadiums. It would be nice to have 80k+ football specific stadiums dotted all over the continent, but it's not going to happen.

The Allianz Arena was under 70k as well when it hosted, btw. The definitive capacity will be 75k domestically but, I didn't realize this, for all seated capacity will remain slightly under 70k, at 69334.

I don't like extremely high first rows, but I do think a first row that is elevated by ~1m gives a better view than a first row that is on pitch level with the same distance.
Agreed.

·
5,173 Posts
At the end of May 2018, Kyiv will become the hot spot of European football

The 42nd UEFA Congress, which recently took place in Bratislava, decided that the next meeting of the Executive Committee will be held on May 24 in Kyiv.

On the same day, on May 24, at Valeriy Lobanovsky Dynamo Stadium, the 17th UEFA Women’s Champions League Final (kick-off at 7:00pm Kyiv Time)

The 2018 UEFA Champions League Final will be the final match of the 2017-18 UEFA Champions League, the 63rd season of Europe's premier club football tournament organised by UEFA, and the 26th season since it was renamed from the European Champion Clubs' Cup to the UEFA Champions League. It will be played at the Olimpiyskiy Stadium in Kyiv, Ukraine on May 26, 2018.
Boryspil International Airport has begun an implementation of activities which will operate during the UEFA Champions League Final Match Day in Kyiv.

In February, Kyiv was visited by UEFA representatives and clubs, participating in the 1/8 finals, which were aimed to look at the main locations of the upcoming event. Then, a little bit later, hosted a workshop for a stewards who will work on the final matches of the Men's and Women's Champions League finals, being held on May in the capital of Ukraine.

Finally, a meeting of the Organizing Committee on the preparation and holding of UEFA Champions League Final 2018 took place in the Kyiv City Hall. It was attended by Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klitschko, First Vice-President of the Football Federation of Ukraine Vadym Kostyuchenko and the department heads of the Kyiv City State Administration.
http://nsc-olimpiyskiy.com.ua/en/news/

·
Registered
33,244 Posts
^^ So much extra press facilities! How much G.A.-seats will they lose because of that? Maybe 2,000 or 3,000 or so? :dunno:

·
Registered
363 Posts
They do have a bit of space up top to put some extra rows of seats if they want, just like in St. Petersburg.
Real Madrid just returned 2200 unused tickets from their allotment, because of fans not wanting or not affording to go to Kiev, so I do not think extra seats will be necessary

2281 - 2300 of 2326 Posts