SkyscraperCity banner

321 - 340 of 2325 Posts

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
I don't actually know when it's from, but it was posted in January at Ukrainian section of the forum, I was looking through some old pages and posted it here to give foreigners the idea of the surroundings of the stadium.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
I looked at the stadium's thread on the Ukranian forums and saw that there are suggestions to redevelop the stadium into a football-only stadium. If the stadium is redeveloped into a soccer-only stadium, it won't be known as the Olympiysky anymore. So after the reconstruction, the stadium becomes rectanguar or remains an oval?

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #324

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
It's ugly now but in 50 years people will call it unique and a historical heritage :)

·
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine
1,653 Posts
I have a feeling that they are going to reconstruct the whole 2nd tier

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
^^So will the concrete things that used to support the old 2nd tier be retained into the new 2nd tier or will the stadium become a rectangular football-only stadium?

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
It's not going to become a football only stadium, it's an olympic arena that has to accommodate athletic competitions. But it does seems as if it's no longer a reconstruction but a full demolition of the old and a construction of the new stadium.

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
Btw, does anyone know where to find any pics from the ceremony of the Grand Opening of the 1980 Olympics on this stadium? There were two grand openings in the soviet olympics of '80, one in Moscow and one here.

·
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine
1,653 Posts
On the Ukrainian forum i found some photos of the interior of the stadium, and it looks like they started to make the steps on the 1st tier:banana:, and indeed it looks like they are turning the stadium into a football only one, because the steps are reallllllly long!!!!

·
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine
1,653 Posts
Yea, im soo happy that the reconstruction has finally started :banana:

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
Maybe it will be bigger, judging by the latest updates. Perhaps 89k

·
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine
1,653 Posts
Maybe it will be bigger, judging by the latest updates. Perhaps 89k
89k??!! wow, then that means that this stadium will be like the 2nd or 3rd largest stadium in Europe :)

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
and indeed it looks like they are turning the stadium into a football only one, because the steps are reallllllly long!!!!
Are you saying that the Olympiysky Stadium is becoming a football-only stadium after all? If so, then the stadium is unlikely to retain its oval shape. But if the stadium does retain its oval shape, then to put back its athletics track would require the first rows to be removed.

And that 13 story office building to the stadium's west is a mystery. What will it be used for?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Where did this information about the 89K, even 77k is too much, were announcements that the capacity reduced to 72k, and not about a change in the project was not the news! About cinder track: of course they will, the Olympic stadium will be kind and not a pure football stadium, and calls can not be

321 - 340 of 2325 Posts