Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today Kyiv has opened fourth railway station in the capital. It's meant to serve one of the huge districts in Kyiv only, not an entire city. Besides it, there is Central, Southern and the constructing largest in Europe Darnizkyj station ( vokzal ).

It is the new generation european class vokzal, combining strict effectiveness, comfort and modern, experimental design.

A well thought-out system of passengers flows is based on the underground principles: pay desks - tourniquets-waiting rooms or boarding platforms. All the pedestrian passages are glazed and passengers platforms are roofed with autonomous sheds. On the lower levels of the passenger rooms will be situated service rooms, back- and engineering rooms.

__

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't it look like a small airport? :)

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
You guys are certifiably insane:lol:

Seriously...this station is one of the best i have ever seen, looks almost space-age.
A must see for ever traveller:yes:

And when I see what Belgrade authorities have done with similar projects...especially after spending hundreds of millions, if not over a billion dollars...i simply have to :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think our city authorities are trying to avoid being "typical" which is not always good, they're approving the most ridiculous designs ( not this one, I like it ).

·
Kosowo to Serbia !
83 Posts
Very, very nice. I like it a lot. Kyiv has one of the most beautiful train stations in Europe. :eek:kay:

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
Stas, what's the type of train that's shown with the rug? I mean do you know it's model or something? I know it's one of those fast ones...

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know the model. You mean the actual car, not the train, right? It's Ukrainian railway express-car. It goes Kyiv-Kharkiv and Kyiv-Dnipropetrovs'k.

·
У Борщин
1,204 Posts
That looks awesome! I love it. Ukraine has great train stations indeed :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
lol! it looks like a giant printer in my opinion

·
Techno culture
593 Posts
I don't like it. Colors are ugly. But it seems to be very clean ! :)

·
У Борщин
1,204 Posts
The last ones seem to be models... the first pictures are it... It's mostly white with some yellow... not the gaudy orange of the propoasal thank God.

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah it's not in the centre, there are only commieblocks around it, it's in the outskirts of the city.

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
An interesting shot of Central Railway station in Kyiv:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts