SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kyiv transportation program 2005-2020 has been approved as the following:

- 2 new lines of Metro to be constructed. The length of Kyiv-Metro will be 110.5km and will compose of 84 stations.

- 20 kilometers of Monorail.

About 500 million passengers will use Kyiv metro yearly.

Today, Kyiv-Metro is composed of 44 stations and is nearly 70km long. About 1.6-1.7 million passengers use city metro on daily basis. 3 stations were opened last year and 2 more will be open this year.

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
Any renderings of the monorail? Glad to hear that Kyiv is expanding it's transportation system :)

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With 84 stations, our subway will be firmly among the worlds most extensive subway networks :eek:kay:

I don't have the rendering of the monorail, but I've seen it a few months ago. It will be built along the shoreline, where you can't dig underground tube.

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
I'm so happy for Kyiv! Great news to hear with the coming of the new power in office! Razom peremozhemo! :)

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heh, well, my vzhe peremohly, zaraz pobachymo shjo bude dali :)

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dali bude wszystko dobre :)

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Map of Kyiv Metro in 1960's

A map by an "enthusiast" of the Kyiv-metro future ;)

A little history:
Kyiv metro in 1960

Sometimes I miss those years ...

Since this is "transportation" thread, here are some very recent pics of construction of the third railway station in Kyiv, the largest in Europe:

The main terminal. To be completed in 2006! :eek:kay:

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey that's somebody's grandmother or even great-grandmother now! tsk tsk tsk

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
Really impressive!
Good to see Kyiv's city officials are thinking ahead, and not like in my city...where they have abandoned construction of a REAL metro and will go ahead with something called "light metro":|

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kommandant Mark said:
Really impressive!
Good to see Kyiv's city officials are thinking ahead, and not like in my city...where they have abandoned construction of a REAL metro and will go ahead with something called "light metro":|
Transportation should not be determined by it's "coolness". Perhaps light metro would be more efficient for the part of Belgrade where it's needed. For example, in left bank Kyiv there's to be one line of light metro as well, because buildings are safely far away from each other there and there's lots of space. No point of doing it underground there.

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
Pan_Stanislav said:
Map of Kyiv Metro in 1960's

A map by an "enthusiast" of the Kyiv-metro future ;)

A little history:
Kyiv metro in 1960

Sometimes I miss those years ...

Since this is "transportation" thread, here are some very recent pics of construction of the third railway station in Kyiv, the largest in Europe:

The main terminal. To be completed in 2006! :eek:kay:
Latest update:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts