1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first Olivia N John then delta now Kylie

Kylie diagnosed with cancer
May 17, 2005
KYLIE Minogue has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has cancelled her Australian tour, the Frontier Touring company said today.

Her management said that while at home in Melbourne with her family this week befor her Australian Showgirl Tour, Minogue was diagnosed with early breast cancer.
She would undergo immediate treatment and consequently her Australian tour would not be able to proceed as planned.

"I was so looking forward to bringing the Showgirl tour to Australian audiences, and am sorry to have to disappoint my fans," Minogue said today.

"Nevertheless hopefully all will work out fine and I'll be back with you all again soon."

Her Showgirl Tour was scheduled to tour Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth over the next month.

Her management said patrons should hang on to their tickets pending the announcement of new Showgirl dates.

Advertisement:

·
Gold Coast Tourist
247 Posts
Yes its allways sad to hear, especially considering my friend, who his friend's dad died on the weekend after battling cancer for quite some time.

·
Premium Member
38,003 Posts
oh...no.

·
Registered
0 Posts
sanhen said:
Poor girl.
Succesfull people have lots of problem..
Normal people have problems too. You just don't hear about them.

·
Registered
77,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the bad thing is that if you get breast cancer before 40 its the real tenasious kind.very hard to fight, but im sure she will pull through it.

Stunned friends rally for Kylie
By Stephen Downie and Ben English
May 18, 2005

Support ... friends and fans are rallying for Kylie / AFP KYLIE Minogue's former boyfriend and Neighbours co-star Jason Donovan has led a wave of support and concern for the star, following her diagnosis with breast cancer.

Donovan, who once sang a No.1 duet with Kylie, said the star's inner strength would help her battle the disease.
"I was shocked and concerned to hear of Kylie's illness," he said.

"My thoughts are with her and her family at this difficult time. I sincerely wish her well with her treatment. Kylie is a strong woman who will fight this battle on every front."

The music industry and fans were last night struggling to come to terms with the news.

Fellow performers, friends and the pop diva's legion of fans echoed Donovan's thoughts and outpouring of sympathy.

Michael Gudinski, head of Frontier Touring which was promoting Kylie's Showgirl tour, was shocked and felt numb at the news.

"It's just devastating any time something like this happens," Gudinski said. "I think there will be a lot of sad people around Australia tonight."

He said he was more concerned with Kylie's health than any money he would lose from having to postpone the tour.

Advertisement:
"In my opinion it's not about the tour, it's about one of our greatest girls recovering," Gudinski said.

As well as postponing her Australian shows, Kylie's appearance at the Glastonbury festival in the UK was also off, Gudinski said.

He said he found out about Kylie's illness yesterday morning when he and her management team were due to fly to Sydney to begin rehearsals for the first Australian shows of her tour.

"It's ironic that Kylie, the performer she is, is disappointed for her fans," he said.

"(But) that should be the last thing on her mind."

Not even her tour crew knew about the illness until yesterday afternoon. Head of wardrobe Frank Strachan chatted freely in the morning about the tour and how excited he was to be working with Kylie.

But by mid-afternoon the crew, who were loading equipment at the Sydney SuperDome, were too shocked to speak.

Strachan said he could not comment on the news.

Industry heavyweight Molly Meldrum said he was shocked by the news of Kylie's illness.

"There's no words I can (use to) describe this," he said.

Recalling Delta Goodrem's struggle with Hodgkin's disease and Olivia Newton-John's battle with breast cancer, Meldrum said: "Now Kylie: I can't comprehend it."

Olympic sprint silver medallist and breast cancer survivor Raelene Boyle said Kylie's illness proved anyone cold be at risk: "It's a very sad situation."

Boyle, who is a board member of the Breast Cancer Network Australia, said: "It just shows that it's possible any of us can get it".

Actress Anne Charleston, who played Madge in Neighbours, said the news was "like a stab to the heart".

"I think it's a good thing that she's in Australia with her family," she said.

"They are a very close family and you do need your family around you.

"When I heard it was like a stab to the heart because it happened to me at that same age. I think she'll come through it," Charleston said.

Kylie web chat rooms have been inundated with support for the singer. "I can't believe it," one fan said.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Olivia got over it and no doubt so will Kylie. She'll be right! Its scary how common breast cancer has become. Isn't there a cancer hospital opening in Melbourne named after Olivia?

·
Registered
77,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^ it think its good and bad. since the story broke, thousands of women have had testing done.so its like a ripple effect. but yes it does bevcome a media circus.cancer now virtually effects everyone bit your in your family or friend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts