SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 321 Posts

·
Tears of Buddha
1,421 Posts
Nagasaki City

Nagasaki Intl' Airport (world's first airport constructed on the artificail island)

downtown area
LRTs

A-Bomb museum

Huistenbosch area

inside the Huistenbosch

hotels in Huistenbosch

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I didn't know about Fukuoka's island city! Looks like Dubai's projects :D

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Wow, Nagsaki seems interesting.

Lots of buildings and ancient structures that look like those in Europe. It even looks like the area is a great place for putting up spas/clubhouses/wellness centers. A good revenue source.

Speaking of which, is Hiroshima part of Southern or Western Japan? (or does it belong to another geographic location???)

·
Banned
174 Posts
I very much like Kyushu. The people there are very rational, stylish and friendly and have one of the tallest regional average height. They speak and act straight the right things so that leaves me no discomfort. The natural beauty in Kyushu is also magnificent. Kyushu is similar to the Netherlands (the number of population, population density and GDP are approximately equal each other) and both of them are very industrialised yet very clean.

·
Don Pedro-Lorenzo
917 Posts
EtherealCat said:
Yakushima Island - World Heritage

thanks for sharing, Yakushima is a true little paradise.. :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Amazing pics.

It shows me that beauty & perfection is present in all places in the country (and not just in Tokyo or the central capital)

A Perfect balance of neo-urban modernism and nature.

I love it. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
In case anyone has got more of pictures from the city of Miyazaki, I'd really appreciate if you posted them!

·
Banned
170 Posts
Originally Posted by coldstar
Cyugoku Chihou (中国地方) in Japan has no relation to Mainland China at all.
Historically, there had been 2 advanced regions in Japan: North Kyushu (北九州) and Kansai (近畿)。 Until the Edo period, Tokyo (関東) had been the backward region with extremely thin population. At that time, Japan's most important region from every aspect had been North Kyushu (北九州) and Kansai (近畿).
Hence, the corridor between North Kyushu (北九州) and Kansai (近畿) was called 'Cyugoku (中国)', literally means 'the middle of the country' (中国).
And even today, the region including Hiroshima and Okayama, is called Cyugoku: the middile of the country.
Japanese steal it from china

·
Registered
30 Posts
Japanese steal it from china
lol....hmmmm I think Japanese use 中国Chugoku before Chinese did. 中華人民共和国(People's republic of China)Or中華民国(Republic of China)was built around 20th century. So the abbreviation of Chugoku 中国was used in China after that. I heard.

21 - 40 of 321 Posts