Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5,837 Posts
My neighbors hate it. I fkin LOVE it. Some people here in NY should stop worrying about other people's property. I think mostly though this Nimbyism will die out with the 50+ yr old folks. The opposition here mainly consists of older people. Not that there aren't any young nimbys but theyre far fewer than the elders. This is not the same as in Brooklyn, however. Tudor city: Old snobs, Villages ( E,W,Grnwich)- Mixed age groups but in my experience tons of older people. Wonder if the nimbyism will die out with them.

·
5,837 Posts
No way. It defies the entire block it's on. Totally clashes with everything else over there but it sticks out, the entrance and the windows are cool.. and who cares if it is hot pink. The entire block is off white and brown...THEN BAM, MASSIVE HOT PINK AND TOWERING ABOVE THE REST. Huge fk you to the opposition. The boca Raton bulding looks kind of lavender anyway.

·
The Place
1,137 Posts
I love the hot pink building in West village. It's really cool looking... It does stands out and the color gives a sort of prominence among those older beige and brown buildings.

·
The Place
1,137 Posts
Sorry but that thing is an eye sore. You want to see a really nice pink building go to Boca Raton. :lol:

The enviroment is different and more acceptable of pink in the other hand the West Village building looks defiant in it's context and that is what it makes it coooool.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
The historically defiant Village now has to paint a building Birdcage pink in an act of defiance.......gee, the city has cooled. Blame it on the Sex In The City crowd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts