How do I pick white/caucasian/Cuban?

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
But I'm also half Caucasian.

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Just because I'm multiple doesn't mean that I'm "other".

·
Registered
346 Posts
Settle down Ferney, you certainly need some diversity training. Biracial or multiracial people are not "mutts" or anything like that.

There was a big debate at my undergrad over the "other" box for biracial students and a lot of people didn't understand the sensitivity that goes with that classification. Eventually you were allowed to pick as many boxes as you wanted. Problem solved!

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
There was a big debate at my undergrad over the "other" box for biracial students and a lot of people didn't understand the sensitivity that goes with that classification.

^ Life sucks and it's never fair bottom line...... If your more than one race (current Momma & Poppa) not like 10 grandmother's ago crap, then you check off "OTHER". Forget why don't I have more than 1 option crap, then everyone would pretty much checkoff 80% of the options. Here we want to keep it simple as can be. If you have issues because of a word, then take it somewhere else where somebody can have you sit or lay which ever you prefer, with a professional individual who is willing to bring out the culture charts and give you your 15 minutes...

So let's continue with our "BASIC" poll, can we!!!

·
I'm not Chinese
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How do I pick white/caucasian/Cuban?
But I'm also half Caucasian.
Oh, at first I thought you were White-Hispanic and I was going to tell you to just choose Hispanic.

Well, just choose other. ;)

Other is pretty much for everything that wasn't listed as an option. :tongue3:

Ferneynism said:
^ Life sucks and it's never fair bottom line...... If your more than one race (current Momma & Poppa) not like 10 grandmother's ago crap, then you check off "OTHER". Forget why don't I have more than 1 option crap, then everyone would pretty much checkoff 80% of the options. Here we want to keep it simple as can be. If you have issues because of a word, then take it somewhere else where somebody can have you sit or lay which ever you prefer, with a professional individual who is willing to bring out the culture charts and give you your 15 minutes...

So let's continue with our "BASIC" poll, can we!!!

LOL.

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Other to me just seems like a race that isn't listed. Multi racial, I should be able to put 50% Hispanic and 50% White. So I think that if I vote, it will upset the balance.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts