SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A little bit late for thread but it's still under construction.

In August 2006 it was reported that Estudiantes and the city of La Plata reached an agreement to rebuild the stands of the old stadium for a capacity of 20,000, all seated. The city stadium will be used for attendances exceeding that number. The eastern stands will feature the signage Tierra de Campeones (Land of Champions), which was used by fans since the 1960s to refer to 1 y 57.

Demolition works were completed during July 2007, after some delays caused by municipal red tape. Construction is scheduled to proceed smoothly, as the club has a budget surplus resulting from strong ticket sales and the proceedings from the transfers of José Ernesto Sosa and Mariano Pavone.

With extremely compromised west size, all infrastructure for players and media will be located on the east side. The west will only see a large pavilion for corporate clients with 120 private boxes and semi-open business sections spreading through 5 floors. A total of 146 boxes are envisaged for the entire stadium, offering 2,807 business seats.

:cheers:

·
Registered
645 Posts
My favorite small stadium project

·
Registered
54 Posts
When will they play the first game here? Some areas look nearly ready, others quite away off yet.

I will be visiting South America and specifically Buenos Aires/La Plata in March and Estudiantes are going to be home the week I'm there. What are my chances of getting a ticket?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
When will they play the first game here? Some areas look nearly ready, others quite away off yet.

I will be visiting South America and specifically Buenos Aires/La Plata in March and Estudiantes are going to be home the week I'm there. What are my chances of getting a ticket?
I don't know. You should ask here :

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=395885&page=128

Next year may be. It is not sure.

P.S : you should come to the Independiente stadium (Libertadores de America) in Avellaneda :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts