Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Hyugo Korol'
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
post away folks!

Some quick facts about La Union

Land Area: 1,493.1 sq km
Population as of 2010 is 741,906
Capital is San Fernando City
Some places of Interest/Tourist Spots are the following:

San Juan Surfing Area
Poro Point, San Fernando City
Bauang Beach
Luna Pebble Beach
San Fernando White Sand beaches
Tangadan, Okkalong falls in San Gabriel and Luna, Respectively
Arosip Ecotrail in Bacnotan
 

·
Hyugo Korol'
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Let's have some rules

1. Number your photo post
Example: 1. San Juan Surfing Area <photo> <source>
then at the next photo post will be number 2., number 3., and so on

2. provide location map of the site of the photo / where the photo was taken, preferebly from google earth or wikipedia

3. preferable photo size: not smaller than 900 x 600 but not more than 1600 x 900 for landscape (as per subforum General rule set by moderators)

4. must be of good quality

5. Most important, it must showcase the beauty of the Province of La Union, from its landscapes, flora and dauna, built-in communities, beautiful buildings, landmarks, etc.
 

·
Hyugo Korol'
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5. Our Lady of Charity / Agoo Basilica Minore, Agoo

Agoo, La Union

The Franciscan priests Fr. Juan Baptista Lucarrelli and Fr. Sebastian Baeza established Agoo in 1578 when it was still a part of Pangasinan. The Augustinians later took over the mission in 1598. Agoo was named after a river whose banks were lush with pine-like trees called agoo. The churches and convents of Agoo had the misfortune of always being razed by fire. One of these was said to be the best in the whole of Ilocos. Fr. Saturnino Franco (OSA) later restored one burned down church --- probably the one built at a place called Nagrugcan --- and also had a new convent built. In 1887, Fr. Casimiro Melgosa (OSA) had a bell tower built. These structures were heavily damaged in the earthquake of 1892 and were repaired under the supervision of Fr. Aquilino Garcia (OSA) in 1893. The image of Our Lady of Charity was crowned in this church in 1971. The church was later demolished in 1975 to give way for the construction of the present bigger church. The bell tower, the only remaining original structure, crashed during the earthquake of 1989. The church was elevated as a basilica minor in 1982 by Pope John Paul II. Related reading at bigberto.blogspot.com/2006/12/pilgrimage-in-nagrebcan.html.

Agoo, La Union by Schubert Ciencia via flickr

 

·
Feather-crazy
Joined
·
75 Posts
4. Shooting info - San Juan beach, La Union, Philippines, November 7, 2011, Canon 1D4 + EF 500 f4 L IS + Canon 1.4x TC II, 700 mm, 1/1600 sec, f/6.3, ISO 1600, 475B/516 support, manual exposure in available light, uncropped full frame resized to 1280x853.

 
1 - 20 of 219 Posts
Top