Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
hlubach bubach
7,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Istria inland - Croatia - pt.1

Labin

LABIN, a town in the south-eastern part of Istria, 5 km north-west of the harbour of Rabac. It comprises two separate parts, the old town on top of the hill and the more recent settlement, Podlabin. Situated on a limestone hill which abrupts sharply to the valley of the Rabac brook and towards the sea coast; elevation 320 m; population 9,036

new Labin :

old town :

Vodnjan :

VODNJAN, a town in the south-western part of Istria, 10 km north of Pula; elevation 135 m; population 3,678. Inhabitants of Vodnjan have preserved their ancient Romance Istrian speech and customs.

Groznjan :

GROZNJAN, a small town in the central part of Istria, 8 km southeast of Buje; situated on the northern offset of the plateau above the Mirna valley; elevation 260 m; population 193. Within the revitalization project, Groznjan has recently been enriched by cultural activities (Summer Music School).

;)

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
The "New Tuscany" as they are now calling Istria. Thanks Bubach! :)

·
hlubach bubach
7,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SinCity said:
The "New Tuscany" as they are now calling Istria. Thanks Bubach! :)
welcome :)
I wanted to fill this thread with a few more continental towns of Istria, but figured that woulda been way too much for part I ;)

·
I come in peace \V/
11,252 Posts
very nice

·
hlubach bubach
7,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Singidunum said:
wow. never even heard of Vodnjan and Groznjan and it's all very nice :) it's shame that it will never get deserved number of tourists.
heh to tell you the truth, even i didnt hear about those two places until a few years ago when i finaly went to explore continental parts of Istrian peninsula...shame on me :D

yeah, these places havent become as popular as the coastal ones yet, however there is a large number of foreigners buying their homes and moving in the continental parts of Istria, so you can very often hear Italian, German and English spoken :) A real multiethnic paradise ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts