Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Construction Update (Piling)

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is either in the Business District or Eko Drive by the looks of it.

I can't find the larger renderings that were posted here before.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
These pictures do not look like it's anywhere near Eko Atlantic.

Rather, it appears to be at the corner of Ajose-Adeogun and Adetokunbo Ademola streets on VI, right beside Stallion House (part of which appears visible in those photos), and given the name "Eko Guest House" it is likely to be part of the Eko Hotel and Suites franchise -- as they own all of the land on Adetokunbo Ademola between Ahmadu Bello Street (from Oceanview) to Ajose Adeogun (right beside Stallion House), including the plot on which Eko Towers have recently gone up. In fact, would not be surprised if the photos turn out to be old pictures of the Eko Towers project.

·
15,226 Posts
T-bite, are U sure this Building is anywhere Near Victoria Island,Not to even talk of Eko Atlantic??
The environment dosent look like it at all.. Me think its just somewhere in Lagos.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am sure it is Eko Atlantic

The company doing that work has never done any work in Nigeria until recently

They came from the United Arab Emirates just to work on some of the buildings in Eko Atlantic

If you look at the Masterplan for Eko Atlantic, Eko Atlantic is adjoined to Victoria Island as one Landmass. There are three districts that are directly connected to Victoria Island. The Business District, Eko Drive and the Marina. Construction work is only going to begin on these districts first before it goes onto the other districts.

Remember the Lagos Bar Beach project predates Eko Atlantic City and that was the original development. So it was always part of the plan to develop along that area.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure now...It is definitely near or in Victoria Island though, you can see 5 cowrie creek in the distance and that looks like Ajose Adeogun Street With Stallion House

but this is in the middle of Victoria Island by the looks of it. I wonder why renderings were posted in the Eko Atlantic thread and why would Eko Hotels have two hotels a few minutes away from each other.

Maybe Gar3th can help out.

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
but there's construction on both sides of the structure, why would there be buildings on all sides of an eco atlantci building in this phase of building if at the sea front?

this building is clearly in land

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I am sure it is Eko Atlantic

The company doing that work has never done any work in Nigeria until recently

They came from the United Arab Emirates just to work on some of the buildings in Eko Atlantic

If you look at the Masterplan for Eko Atlantic, Eko Atlantic is adjoined to Victoria Island as one Landmass. There are three districts that are directly connected to Victoria Island. The Business District, Eko Drive and the Marina. Construction work is only going to begin on these districts first before it goes onto the other districts.

Remember the Lagos Bar Beach project predates Eko Atlantic City and that was the original development. So it was always part of the plan to develop along that area.
Eko Atlantic will abutt VI on Ahmadu Bello (which will be expanded into an 8-lane highway).

Accordingly, any picture of Eko Atlantic that shows VI would show the Marine and Oceanography Institute or the old state liason offices, Best Western, Bar Beach Towers, et al. These photos here, on the other hand, appear to have been taken well INSIDE VI itself.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eko Atlantic will abutt VI on Ahmadu Bello (which will be expanded into an 8-lane highway).

Accordingly, any picture of Eko Atlantic that shows VI would show the Marine and Oceanography Institute or the old state liason offices, Best Western, Bar Beach Towers, et al. These photos here, on the other hand, appear to have been taken well INSIDE VI itself.
I noted that in my last post.

It is inland...next to Ajose Adeogun Street

What confused me..was that this building in question was posted in the EAC renderings thread...it looks like a EAC project..and all the companies behind it are also involved in EAC projects....so that's what's what confused me

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I'm not sure now...It is definitely near or in Victoria Island though, you can see 5 cowrie creek in the distance and that looks like Ajose Adeogun Street With Stallion House

but this is in the middle of Victoria Island by the looks of it. I wonder why renderings were posted in the Eko Atlantic thread and why would Eko Hotels have two hotels a few minutes away from each other.

Maybe Gar3th can help out.
There are actually 3 hotels inside Eko Hotel's massive property: the main Eko Hotel, the Eko Gardens (the former Kuramo Lodge) and the Eko Suites.

Furthermore, before the financial crises the hotel management had announced plans for a new hotel or wing towards Oceanview, but I suspect that the crises has put paid to those plans (at least for the moment).

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Moderator can you change the title

to LAGOS | Eko Guest House | Leisure | U/C

and move it here

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I noted that in my last post.

It is inland...next to Ajose Adeogun Street

What confused me..was that this building in question was posted in the EAC renderings thread...it looks like a EAC project..and all the companies behind it are also involved in EAC projects....so that's what's what confused me
I got that the website was obviously confusing, and was merely expounding on your post.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah cool.

Eko Hotels is a lot richer than I thought before.

I never knew they were part of Chagoury. In the space of what 2 years they have built an Expo Centre, Eko Towers (Ongoing) and now this.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The Guest House is for Total (Energy Company) It will cost 42.6 Million Euros, the Guest house will include a dining area, housing units, a medical center and conference room.

Architects are: ENIA (France)
Consultants are: IOSIS (France)

Project expected to be delivered 2012

Source

The building is 110 Metres high Source

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have come across two hints today to suggest that this Eko Guest House is the same project as the "Eko Tower II" project...that I have been searching for.

If that is the case, then I can also disclose that this Eko Guest House will be 27 Floors.

The first hint states that Eko Tower II will is being built at a Eko Hotel roundabout, there is only one Eko Hotel Roundabout, which is where Eko Guest House is being built.

The second hint - is the fact that the descriptions of both towers are similar. I think the Eko Guest House name is no longer being used, but they have decided to start referring to it as the Eko Tower II, being the second phase of Eko Towers.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I have come across two hints today to suggest that this Eko Guest House is the same project as the "Eko Tower II" project...that I have been searching for.

If that is the case, then I can also disclose that this Eko Guest House will be 27 Floors.

The first hint states that Eko Tower II will is being built at a Eko Hotel roundabout, there is only one Eko Hotel Roundabout, which is where Eko Guest House is being built.

The second hint - is the fact that the descriptions of both towers are similar. I think the Eko Guest House name is no longer being used, but they have decided to start referring to it as the Eko Tower II, being the second phase of Eko Towers.
You are probably correct, as Total is now housed in Eko Tower,

1 - 20 of 132 Posts