SkyscraperCity banner

301 - 320 of 335 Posts

·
11,441 Posts
No, it is not.

We have previously discussed this issue on this thread, but perhaps it bears reiteration. Yet again, while Longrich may well make some bleaching products (albeit I had never heard of that), it's principal products are hundreds of various cosmetic, health and domestic care products, including for some of the world’s top companies (such Walmart, Unilever, Marks and Spencer’s, P&G, Carrefour, Target, etc.). Longrich basically manufactures essentially every household product from toothpaste to soaps and sanitary napkins. This is the FIRST time I have ever heard of Longrich being associated with primarily bleaching products (but perhaps it does that outside it mainstream products - just NEVER heard of it).

Longrich's "bad press" usually comes from the MLM thing, and the related fact that it appears to have an amorphous and opaque corporate “structure” (to use the term liberally).
got it. My introduction to them was around the bleaching issue but having never used any of their products it likely just represents, as you say, a small segment of its business. and apparently not even the most controversial

·
Registered
90 Posts
ALARO CITY:
Construction works of a new modern city in the North West Quadrant of the Lekki Free Zone in Lagos, dubbed Alaro City in Nigeria is progressing on well.
Tim Beighton, Head of Communications, Rendeavour, announced the reports and said Investors and prospective homeowners have continued to express strong interest in the new development.

Any details on this project? Please leave a reply

·
Registered
230 Posts
They have finished the first road, and they have gotten 250 million dollar worth of investments, 8 factories to start construction this year and 50 or 450 can’t remember the exact number of houses to be built by unity homes.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am not liking the Chinese language on every building.

·
11,441 Posts
First, it's not on "every building" but seemingly just on a groundbreaking plaque. Nonetheless, if you do not like it, feel free to build yours and put your language on it.
So the answer to any thing you don’t like in your country to “build your own.” Even where trains are a monopoly? What about nuclear plants ?

·
Registered
556 Posts
So the answer to any thing you don’t like in your country to “build your own.” Even where trains are a monopoly? What about nuclear plants ?
I think he was just being "humourous" :)

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I think he was just being "humourous" :)
Frankly, I am not.

Don't quite get the substantive xenophobia that is increasingly becoming pervasive among many Nigerians (and more perplexing from Nigerians domiciled and earning outside of Nigeria). If a foreign direct investor puts its original name (which would be in its language), together with the English language (which is Nigeria's official language) version or translation, on its own building (heck, even its product), what exactly is the harm there?

·
11,441 Posts
So buildings are now a monopoly in Nigeria? Your usual Strawman Argument.
there are private nuclear plants. the point is its stupid to dismiss his criticism by suggesting he build his own. but you knew that already, which is why you sidestepped

·
11,441 Posts
Frankly, I am not.

Don't quite get the substantive xenophobia that is increasingly becoming pervasive among many Nigerians (and more perplexing from Nigerians domiciled and earning outside of Nigeria). If a foreign direct investor puts its original name (which would be in its language), together with the English language (which is Nigeria's official language) version or translation, on its own building (heck, even its product), what exactly is the harm there?
now its xenophobia? stupidity. pointing that you dont like chinese writings on buildings means you hate chinese? and stop using the fact you live in Nigeria as some trump card. you're foreign and will die as one. you dont know or care for our land more than us. wherever we may be. we can hardly get out languages to survive in Nigeria and do not want to see other languages getting prominence. has nothing to do with the chinese people.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
now its xenophobia? stupidity. pointing that you dont like chinese writings on buildings means you hate chinese? and stop using the fact you live in Nigeria as some trump card. you're foreign and will die as one. you dont know or care for our land more than us. wherever we may be. we can hardly get out languages to survive in Nigeria and do not want to see other languages getting prominence. has nothing to do with the chinese people.
If you want to see your languages "survive", use it. Why do you expect the Chinese to come and preserve it for you?

Meanwhile, I will ignore the rest of your usual crude xenophobic drivel. Suffice it to note the irony that you are similarly "foreign" in someone else's nation (as are literally MILLIONS of Nigerians), and perhaps will similarly "die" as one - perhaps even before me. SMH

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
there are private nuclear plants. the point is its stupid to dismiss his criticism by suggesting he build his own. but you knew that already, which is why you sidestepped
Meanwhile, what exactly is the point you are struggling to make here? If there are private nuclear plants (even though we are specifically discussing buildings), what stops him or any other private individual from building their own private nuclear plant and putting whatever language s/he wants there? SMH

301 - 320 of 335 Posts