Gym & Spa
Tennis Court
Helipad
Jetty
Green Zone
Water Sport
500 Parking Slots for the hotel
Direct water front access

The Lagos hotel is made-up of 315-rooms and 75 luxury apartments of between 2-4 bedrooms at the Okunde Water Front with a land area of 2.385 Hectares. The hotel has water-front access, self-sustaining infrastructural facilities such as waste recycling plant, power and water. The entire facility will be constructed to world class standards. On the Lagos Hotel and Apartments, application for building permit has been provisionally approved and other preliminary ancillary services have been undertaken or are currently on-going.​
Site

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
I hope this is the Design that is being executed

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Marriott Hotel Berths in Lagos

23 Nov 2012

Adeola Akinremi

Quantum Capital, chaired by the former Managing Director of Zenith Bank Plc, Mr. Jim Ovia, has concluded arrangements to bring the prestigious Marriott Hotels brand to Nigeria.

Announcing the plan at an agreement signing ceremony held at the Civic Centre, Lagos Thursday, Ovia said the planned five-star hotel to be located on the Ozumba Mbadiwe waterfront boasts 150 star rooms.

“We are proud to have the opportunity to partner with a world-class brand like Marriott,” Ovia said, pointing out that the Nigerian economy continues to be an attractive destination for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), particularly with the boom in the telecoms industry and the attractiveness of the banking sector.

Giving insight into the plan, Ovia said: “We identified a gap in the marketplace within the hospitality industry to support the burgeoning sectors. Nigeria is well known for its hospitality and Lagos as a mega-city, deserves a world class facility to complement its status.”
According to Ovia, the Lagos Marriott Hotel is expected to be launched in 2014 and will boast all the facilities and luxury associated with an international market leader like Marriott.

Marriott, which began operations in Africa in 1982 with the Cairo Marriott Hotel, has a regional presence consisting of nine properties in three countries offering 3,941 rooms.

Also speaking at the ceremony, the President, Africa & the Middle East of Marriot, Alex Kyriakidis, said the arrival of Marriot in Lagos marks a tremendous milestone in the hospitality business in Nigeria, adding that the hotel will be an iconic one that will, with superior services, render competition irrelevant.
He said that the “world class brand was happy to be associated with a man like Jim Ovia who has a track record of delivery on quality, citing Visafone and Zenith Bank, which Ovia successfully pioneered to enviable heights”.
Thisday

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Construction

wrong development

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
^^
@Tbite are you certain about the construction pictures?? There doesn't seem to be too much room on the construction site to cater for the buildings in the rendering.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Well it's only 150 rooms...so maybe they are only building one tower.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well it's only 150 rooms...so maybe they are only building one tower.
They'll definitely regret building such a small hotel in the long run. Unless they're planning to build another one in Eko Atlantic or something, this 150 room business seems like really poor strategy.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
They'll definitely regret building such a small hotel in the long run. Unless they're planning to build another one in Eko Atlantic or something, this 150 room business seems like really poor strategy.
Couldn't agree more.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Joblessbeggar, e be like say you fall my hand. This your marriot...na so so Civic Tower oh..

You don fumble

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Joblessbeggar, e be like say you fall my hand. This your marriot...na so so Civic Tower oh..

You don fumble
He could well be right

However, I do not see how one could fit in two 15-floor buildings (which is what Civic Towers is going to be) into that small area (that used to be a 3-floor building there -- the old La Casa nightclub). Furthermore, the Civic Towers is going to involve some land reclamation (I believe that one of the towers will be on entirely reclaimed land) and I do not see any reclamation going on there at all. On the contrary (and as you can probably see from the pictures), there's a crane up and running and the foundations are well in progress. I'll try to check out if there's a sign up there.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
You can fit 2 buildings there, depending on how it is designed.

Yes it would be very tight, but you can squeeze 2 buildings in there. I don't think you would want to, but you could.

Anyway as a high rise enthusiast I would prefer a single 20 Floor building (Assuming that is what the Marriot's height) to 2 15 Floor buildings.

Too many 15 floor buildings in Lagos for my liking. We need 20 Floors :cheers2:

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
I think JoblessBeggar is right and Mzungu is wrong.

I'd put my money that the Marriot is on the plot that JoblessBeggar said and the plot opposite the 1004 Estates is where the Civic Towers (Twin Towers) will be.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think JoblessBeggar is right and Mzungu is wrong.

I'd put my money that the Marriot is on the plot that JoblessBeggar said and the plot opposite the 1004 Estates is where the Civic Towers (Twin Towers) will be.
There is a picture of the projected building outside the construction site. The Civic Towers will be a cube-shaped building.

There is, however, more than enough space between the Civic Centre and Proflex gym, to fit in both the Mariott and the Twin Towers, so that is probably where those two developments will come.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Well I stand corrected. To be honest I don't care who is wrong or who is right. As long as we see development in this country.

but thanks for the correction ^^:applause:

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
http://www.g1architecture.com/

200 Keys 5 Star Waterfront Hotel, over 1,400 sqm ballroom & meeting facilities, F&B outlets, a Spa & Health Club
The project is located on an approximately 5,300sqm site overlooking the Lagos Lagoon next to the Civic Centre. The 200 keys 5 star hotel has a presidential suite, an executive suite and 4 VP suites, a large ballroom with meeting facilities, a spa and health club, infinity pool looking over the Lagoon, an executive lounge and a speciality restaurant to offer a unique experience for the tourist and business customer.

Reactions: Naija-in-JP
1 - 20 of 36 Posts