301 - 320 of 631 Posts

·
Student Architect جاري&#15
5,874 Posts
same vid from the site

·
5,874 Posts
I dont know if its under construction...I think the name of the bridge is called apapa harbour bridge, or something like that. i have to go back an find the article i got it from just to make sure.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Why didn't you guys post all the pics here.

Ocean Front

Harbour Lights

Financial District

Eko Drive

Avenues

Downtown

·
Expert
21,675 Posts

·
Expert
21,675 Posts

·
Banned
2,975 Posts
great pix tbite....good looking renders...hopefully this is a great success....but it will be mad expensive to live there

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Eko Atlantic City is a great solution for the improvement of Lagos. About 400,000 residents will live there and tens of new highrise buildings will be built in its financial district. The current coastline has many shanty houses which should be cleared for a new boulevard. Also, should there be a new beach in the new coastline?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Work Begins On Africas Largest Skyscrapers
Published on 05-06-2009 by Skyscrapernews.com

Skyscraper news is rare in Africa but groundwork has finally got underway on what will be West Africa's biggest development project. Named Eko Atlantic the project is located in Lagos, Nigeria and will be built on land currently being reclaimed from the sea.

The design for the project comes from the brightly coloured post it notes of Netherlands based architects Royal Haskoning in conjunction with AR+H Architects who have been put in charge of designing the financial district of the scheme.

The development area will cover over nine million square metres and will be sectioned into seven districts which will be home to over 3000 buildings many of which particularly in the financial district will be skyscrapers.

With the developers and designers of the project apparently relying on the sheer scale of the project to provide the wow factor, the designs for these towers so far seem to be based on fairly classic box like designs with fully glazed cladding added giving a modern sleek look to the project. Unusually for a project of this size there is no stand alone signature skyscraper, something which could been seen as a bit of a missed opportunity to really put the project of the global architectural radar.

The development is planned to have a population of 400,000 upon completion with a further 250,000 commuters. To help them get about there will be an eight-lane coastal highway running along the northern boundary of the project while an internal network of roads will connect all districts, along with a tramway system which will also circulate through the city allowing access to all areas including public transport on Victoria Island...
I coincidentally come across this detailed insight into Eko atlantic city.Work

LinkHERE

·
Bana Ya Signa 8
571 Posts
An impressive project, (like the tram set up) should help in relieving congestion and forcus in other areas, I'm sure they are long term plans to expand the transportation system.

·
kehz99
173 Posts
looks like its officially decided, Nigeria is the leader of Africa. looks like a nice place

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I want the govt to speed up action on it. They should get in on it as if that is the only thing the governor and the people are going to fix for the meantime.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
The eko atlantic city

To keep the Bar Beach Ocean surge permanently at bay and at the same time, turn it into a paradise city, the Bola Tinubu government, in 2005, conceived the idea of the Eko Atlantic City.

The city, which will be built on the Atlantic Ocean, will gulp N417 billion. The first phase of the project, the reclamation of about 1, 500 metres of the shoreline to prevent further surge, took off earlier in the year.

According to Energyx Nigeria Limited, the company handling the project, the Atlantic City when completed will be bigger than the present day Victoria Island. The city targets 250, 000 residents and 200,000 commuters flowing daily to the island to work. The proposed city, which will be sitting on the reclaimed land, will cover about eight million square metres.

In the meantime, another tidal wave swept to where Mr. Imoru was sitting, on the shore, wetting his bare feet, depositing cowries as well as a massive amount of sand, and then gradually ebbs.

“It still amazes me how the water covered all the land,” said a pensive Mr. Imoru. “I really hope government would act fast before it is too late.”
LINK

·
5,874 Posts
edit

·
5,874 Posts

301 - 320 of 631 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.