SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
361 - 380 of 631 Posts

·
Prince_7
521 Posts
I would love the final construction project of the Phase 1 to look exactly like this.

And I love this central part so much.
Thats nice but it would definately be behoving for the city for those buildings to to have more character and definatly for them to be taller than they appear in the renders.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
I wasn't aware every successful person in Nigeria is a looter. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Many Nigerians think like that.

They think if you are a Nigerian and you have money you are corrupt.

The fact is this project is indeed out of the reach of many but from an investors point of view I think it is viable, There are Nigerians that will buy into the idea.

I know personally that if I gather the money I will gladly buy an apartment there, no matter the price, if I have the money I will invest.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Many Nigerians think like that.

They think if you are a Nigerian and you have money you are corrupt.

The fact is this project is indeed out of the reach of many but from an investors point of view I think it is viable, There are Nigerians that will buy into the idea.

I know personally that if I gather the money I will gladly buy an apartment there, no matter the price, if I have the money I will invest.
Of course it is.

That however is a reality with many projects in many parts of the world. Nevertheless, this is not a project that displaces (or deprives) poor people, but rather one that is PRIVATELY-funded and which seeks to create/recover and use (presently non-existent) land from the Atlantic Ocean (and in the process provide a better buffer for VI). Accordingly, the PRIVATE promoters of this project are taking an enormous (and extremely expensive) gamble that could well blow up in their faces, and their pricing should reflect such multi-billion dollar risks (as well as the projected world-class infrastructure).

·
Prince_7
521 Posts
Naija- Many nigerians are looters, thats true just like any and every other nation in the world, and i dont think thats a good thing but your logic is very backwards and unprogressive. You think because many of them came to wealth in shady ways nigeria shouldent embark on any nice upscale projects???

But yes corruption should be arrested and stopped in Nigeria but that is a seperate issue.

·
Prince_7
521 Posts
I am expecting some special architecture to represent the city landmark in this Eko Atlantic City project.
I ageree with you, i am expecting somthing to dominate the skyline and to be a symbol of Eko , nigeria, and all of africa. By the time the sand filing is done i expect to see a detailed Render of the city with a signature skyscraper of nigerian architectue.

·
Banned
2,975 Posts
when will this project starts....when will they start building the skyscrapers and the bridge....and when will it end?

361 - 380 of 631 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.