SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
621 - 631 of 631 Posts

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
They are going to start Infrastructure building this year like roads and the Financial centre. . .

I believe the sand filling is about 10% done
10% work done so far for the reclamation. This alone cannot make a difference for the building construction works to commence. I would suggest let the reclamation get about 50% done first before any building construction.

·
Eko o ni baje
3,773 Posts
10% work done so far for the reclamation. This alone cannot make a difference for the building construction works to commence. I would suggest let the reclamation get about 50% done first before any building construction.
Dude that whole project is gonna be 2.5 times the current Victoria Island
Thats some huge real estate . .

As long as the plans are already drawn and layed out u can start building infrastructure in the reclaimed areas. . which will go on simultaneosly with sand filling

·
Eko o ni baje
3,773 Posts
I dont know if this has been posted before. . but this is what i got from the research i did,by contacting the EKO Atlantic people by phone and EMAIL. . .
Below is a part of my correspondence with the CEO of South Energyx. . .It was a private communication,but since i expect this information to be public knowledge anyway and available to anyone on request i am reproducing it here. . These were answers to specific questions by me. . Its good to see the Project moving on as planned. . . If i were to buy into this i would prefer to buy a condo/apartment in a high rise residential building

EKO ATLANTIC CITY PRICE OF PLOTS AND OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION

"Plots are currently available for sale. Plot sizes start at 2000 square meters and up, and have a starting price of $825 and go up to $1660 per square meter (please note we do accept the equivalent in Naira). Price are determined by where your land is in location to water.

Yes you can make down payments. Our payment plan is simple and straight forward. In Phase 1, which is expected to be sand filled by the end of this year or beginning of next, is 50% down payment and 50% when you receive your land. In phase 2 and on, it is 25% down payment, 25% at the 1 year and 2 year anniversary, and the last 25% when you receive your land.

We expect developers to build up in Eko Atlantic. Taller building serving the needs of residential, commercial, retail, and office space. The city is zoned mixed use. Developers can build to their plan, so as long as it adheres to the rules of our planning deparment.

Basic infrastructure will be ready by the time developers begin building. I would like to add that we are providing the infrastructure, and that you will not need to provide your own.

The project is proceeding as planned, and we are on target to meet our goals".

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
My observation is that Nigerians are scarred of projects that will change things dramatically-- this could be one of them. The project needs greater attention than this,please!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think (and I may be wrong) the financial center is part of the original scope of investment by the dutch company and the major nigerian banks. The section being sand-filled now is where the financial center will be located.

They have been making steady progress, so perhaps they deserve the benefit of doubt.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
If that is actually the case why is the company in charge of the project requesting for investors to buy into the project and start contructing on the 10% relaimed area?

I am in no doubt of the success of this project. I have always expressed my feelings about his project being one of the very best that the city has ever seen.

Looking into the scope and concept behind this Eko Atlantic City, there's an urgency for the reclamation work to be finished. Expatrates as well as indigenous people are looking forward to participating or purchasing places in that area.

·
Premium Member
16,252 Posts
I am testing if that is possible to post in that thread

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
May 2010 Update (East Mole)

Courtesy of Marc (Deviantart)

Reactions: The Expat
621 - 631 of 631 Posts
Status