NO. OF FLOORS: 15

TERRACE APARTMENTS @ LEKKI PHASE II LAGOS

8 STOREY OFFICE DEVELOPMENT @ OYIN JOLAYEMI, V.I LAGOS

15 STOREY TWIN TOWER COMPLEX @ KING'SWAY, IKOYI LAGOS

LOUIS SOLOMON CLOSE SERVICED FLATS

·
Registered
690 Posts
not bad..I just hope this things are completed and most importantly they should work on poverty instead of all this rich people for rich people projects.

·
Registered
210 Posts
not bad..I just hope this things are completed and most importantly they should work on poverty instead of all this rich people for rich people projects.
That is it man: This is the biggest challenge Africa faces- Poverty!! It is overbearing and everywhere!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
That is it man: This is the biggest challenge Africa faces- Poverty!! It is overbearing and everywhere!!
But guy do you know there are ways to tackle this ?

It is simply not population, it is greed, pride, some unrealistic ambitions and other projects that shouldnt be priority.

If the government can make a transperancy governance, it will give so much chance for the citizens to take part in the economy rather that just use the valuable ones. I dont have to go into details cus its just the normal waste of talks.

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But guy do you know there are ways to tackle this ?

It is simply not population, it is greed, pride, some unrealistic ambitions and other projects that shouldnt be priority.

If the government can make a transperancy governance, it will give so much chance for the citizens to take part in the economy rather that just use the valuable ones. I dont have to go into details cus its just the normal waste of talks.
Will it not be hundreds or thousands of Nigerians that be employed in building these developments? Will it not be Nigerians who will be employed in staffing these developments after their completions?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Will it not be hundreds or thousands of Nigerians that be employed in building these developments? Will it not be Nigerians who will be employed in staffing these developments after their completions?
... Yes my dear, the rich getting richer while the middle and poor class remains the same.

·
Registered
690 Posts
... There is never a smoke without fire. Anyway, can you tell us why you think the middle class is not growing?
...I'm not thinking, it simply shows in the society. We dont see any improvement/increase in employment, health system and social welfare. its totally stable or even getting lower...so what are we saying.

...I'm not saying the projects are not good, am only saying majority of whats being created will make the rich get richer and middle/low class remain the same.

...How many normal civil servant or social worker can afford an apt at ikeja not even Vi or Lekki, how many do you think will be able to afford the Eko Atlantic houses or land when its being completed ?

...We better face reality and lets be blunt with ourselves.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
...I'm not thinking, it simply shows in the society. We dont see any improvement/increase in employment, health system and social welfare. its totally stable or even getting lower...so what are we saying.

...I'm not saying the projects are not good, am only saying majority of whats being created will make the rich get richer and middle/low class remain the same.

...How many normal civil servant or social worker can afford an apt at ikeja not even Vi or Lekki, how many do you think will be able to afford the Eko Atlantic houses or land when its being completed ?

...We better face reality and lets be blunt with ourselves.
You are possibly not living in your country right now. There are testament that things are chnaging in Nigeria. There are projects upon projects being executed with the influx of Nigerian workers, which thereby create employment as to the opposite of your statement. To afford an appartment by a civil servant in a very rich area in any country is highly contestable. I would rather say you are seeing things from a perspective that can not be acheived within a short period of time as you are prescribing to here.

·
Registered
690 Posts
You are possibly not living in your country right now. There are testament that things are chnaging in Nigeria. There are projects upon projects being executed with the influx of Nigerian workers, which thereby create employment as to the opposite of your statement. To afford an appartment by a civil servant in a very rich area in any country is highly contestable. I would rather say you are seeing things from a perspective that can not be acheived within a short period of time as you are prescribing to here.
... Thank you again for a good point, you noticed that this testaments are infrastructures ...agreed and it create some jobs agreed. To afford an apt is not easy agreed but do you know in Europe you get a salary that can sustain a living and then latter afford accomodation.

... Nigeria's case is different, the salary is terrible, there is not job, there is no accomodation, there is no welfare support, there is even no educational system. So with all this projects that base on just infrastructures...how do you expect good impacts on the citizens ? No way.

... So when will they achive it ? when there is no-more land or when we have less lands and more competition ?...my brother foundation is the best and you have to build your house on a rock if you want to sustain enough people and make it last for long.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
... Thank you again for a good point, you noticed that this testaments are infrastructures ...agreed and it create some jobs agreed. To afford an apt is not easy agreed but do you know in Europe you get a salary that can sustain a living and then latter afford accomodation.

... Nigeria's case is different, the salary is terrible, there is not job, there is no accomodation, there is no welfare support, there is even no educational system. So with all this projects that base on just infrastructures...how do you expect good impacts on the citizens ? No way.

... So when will they achive it ? when there is no-more land or when we have less lands and more competition ?...my brother foundation is the best and you have to build your house on a rock if you want to sustain enough people and make it last for long.
Even in Europe! The area in in contention here is a very rich people area where averagely wealthy people will have to consider their portfolio first before going about buying an appartment there.

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
... Yes my dear, the rich getting richer while the middle and poor class remains the same.
First of all, please do not call me your dear, unless you are gay, because I'm a guy. That's not me in my avatar.

Secondly, with projects like these in a nation like Nigeria, how is it that you assume that the poor and middle class will remain the same? Those Nigerians whom are involved in the nations massive construction boom were pejoratively mostly of the poor class of the nation and now a large portion of them have moved up into the middle class via the funds they've been receiving building up the nation infrastructure. Many of the projects they are building are providing continuous work opportunities for many more workers after their completion.

Most of these workers were also pejoratively of the poor class prior to working at their new jobs and now many are and or on their way to being middle class via these jobs. So while I do agree that the poor class isn't really shrinking primarily do to the fact of that the poor are continuously rapidly spawning new member do to super high birth rates, the middle class is in fact GROWING mighty quickly thanks to projects like these.

·
Registered
690 Posts
...OK guys, maybe I need to see proves from the public society rather than media informations.

...Let me agree with you guys on the positive hopes.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts