Osapa Convenience Centre - Lekki

Name: Osapa Convenience Centre
City: Lagos
Use: Retail
Anchors: Shoprite, Wrangler, Swatch, TM Lewin
Size: 13,985 m2 GLA
Developer: RMB Westport

Information

The Osapa Convenience Centre is a shopping mall situated in a strategic location at the Jakande Roundabout on the Lekki-Epe Express Way in Lagos. The Centre will occupy approximately 32 000m2 of land.

The terms of the anchor tenancy have been agreed with Shoprite and the legal agreements are near final drafts. In addition to securing the anchor tenant, the project team has increased the focus on securing commitments from other strong tenants.
Source

·
Expert
21,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Courtesy of RMB Westport

Site

Additional Rendering

Reactions: Naija-in-JP

·
Expert
21,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Expert
21,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Latest Renderings Courtesy of RMB Westport

The new Osapa Mall accommodates 10,800m² of exceptional quality retail space and 3,700m² of state-of-the-art office space, located at the Jakande Roundabout on the new Lekki Toll Road.

Developed by the experienced RMB Westport team (who brought you the Ikeja City Mall), designed by one of the continent’s foremost retail architects and built by one of Nigeria’s best-known construction companies – no expense was spared to create a world-class retail and office development for Lagos.
Source

Reactions: Naijaborn

·
Expert
21,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Latest Renderings Courtesy of RMB Westport

·
Registered
735 Posts
Osapa Mall has changed name to Circle Mall​

Latest development.

·
Hanging the boots up
9,611 Posts
shoprite is just dominating the nigerian retail section....we need our own indigenous retail store...how can south africa have this deep penetration inside naija's ass

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
^^ when people are unaware or choose to be unaware of opportunities that abound in their environment, foreigners snatch 'em. Same goes for business. We have several big retail outlets in Nigeria, were they sleeping when malls were springing up all over Nigeria?

·
Registered
735 Posts
shoprite is just dominating the nigerian retail section....we need our own indigenous retail store...how can south africa have this deep penetration inside naija's ass
I've been preaching the same thing for a while. MTN successful run in the Nigerian telco space is a good example how others see opportunities that the so called "big boys/girls" in Nigeria CANNOT imagine.

I dare say that the Nigeria's wealth managers and rich man/woman with a lot of money don't completely believe in the Nigerian economy and it's people, while others from outside do!

They are risk averse! They only want investments that guarantees 100% ROI. So I don't blame the shoprites, MTNs for seizing the opportunities and running with it!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I dare say that the Nigeria's wealth managers and rich man/woman with a lot of money don't completely believe in the Nigerian economy and it's people, while others from outside do!
I don't quite agree with this statement! It's more of, the Nigerian rich (the majority of the Nigerian people in fact) are just slow thinkers. Often times; by the time they realize what they should be doing, they've missed the bus! The only exceptions to this are people like Aliko Dangote, Ben Murray Bruce, and some few others. Imagine what difference it would've made if Mike Adenuga had came up with glo just few years earlier!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't quite agree with this statement! It's more of, the Nigerian rich (the majority of the Nigerian people in fact) are just slow thinkers. Often times; by the time they realize what they should be doing, they've missed the bus! The only exceptions to this are people like Aliko Dangote, Ben Murray Bruce, and some few others. Imagine what difference it would've made if Mike Adenuga had came up with glo just few years earlier!
Adenuga had came up with the idea of Glo right from the inception, federal government denied him the licence for some time to give foreign investors that competitive advantage.
It was a popular incident that period.

·
Registered
159 Posts
NOW NOW !!

I've been preaching the same thing for a while. MTN successful run in the Nigerian telco space is a good example how others see opportunities that the so called "big boys/girls" in Nigeria CANNOT imagine.

They are risk averse! They only want investments that guarantees 100% ROI. So I don't blame the shoprites, MTNs for seizing the opportunities and running with it!

Let's be still, Aiye gpo gan.....there is enough space......competition should always be welcome in the Nigerian business environment.........

Even as things are now, Nigerian retail banks are edging into other countries, and Silverbird Galleria too has been known to implement take over bids of malls in other African countries.

Na small small, rather than critic, some of us should learn from them so that if the chance arose, we could either buy their franchises or establish our own.

It is no disgrace if South Africa dominates our retail outlets.....American companies like Mcdonalds and Burger King are clearly dominant even in other G7 countries, without issues.

·
Banned
11,651 Posts
Let's be still, Aiye gpo gan.....there is enough space......competition should always be welcome in the Nigerian business environment.........

Even as things are now, Nigerian retail banks are edging into other countries, and Silverbird Galleria too has been known to implement take over bids of malls in other African countries.

Na small small, rather than critic, some of us should learn from them so that if the chance arose, we could either buy their franchises or establish our own.

It is no disgrace if South Africa dominates our retail outlets.....American companies like Mcdonalds and Burger King are clearly dominant even in other G7 countries, without issues.
nope, not at all

·
Banned
11,651 Posts
Good question! For now, they're not dominating the Nigerian retail space....but they dominating these malls (which is a rapidly growing trend), will make them be a dominant player pretty sooner than we expect!
depends if most people will shop at malls or stores around the corner. my bet is that they will use stores around the corner as they mostly do today. going to a grocery store in a mall is a trek

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Adenuga had came up with the idea of Glo right from the inception, federal government denied him the licence for some time to give foreign investors that competitive advantage.
It was a popular incident that period.
That's not true.

In fact, the first mobile phone "idea" in Nigeria was initiated by a Ghanaian (his full name escapes me, but it had an "Aggrey"). Globacom bid for the GSM license when the FIRST auctions were held in 2001 (under the corporate name of "Community Investments Limited"), along with several other bidding consortia, and was among the winning bidders (along with Econet Wireless and MTN, with an automatic license reserved for NITEL's M-Tel). Unfortunately, the spectrum that was allotted to CIL/Glo was under dispute and in litigation, and therefore CIL/Glo declined to instruct its bankers in New York to release the remaining payment for its license to the NCC and thereby forfeited its initial deposit of several million dollars. Ultimately the dispute was resolved (thwarting the Celtel-led consortia headed by David Eason - son of former US Ambassador to Nigeria - that was pushing to assume the spectrum as reserve bidder) and furthermore CIL was awarded the Second National Carrier (i.e., fixed line) license.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.