SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yet another "city" project in Lagos. ☕ :unsure:

Actually, it sounds more like Talent 'Cities', with the first one located in Lagos.

Introducing Talent City Lagos.

The first Talent City will be located a short drive from Lagos, the largest and fastest growing city in Africa. Talent City Lagos provides access to a vibrant city along with the beautiful nature of the Bight of Benin coastline.

COMING IN 2023

Our first location, Talent City Lagos, is located in the Lekki Free Zone in Nigeria. The special economic zone fosters a business friendly environment with policies including zero corporate tax and ease of remote company registration.

We create an ecosystem that enables innovative startups to thrive, attracting tech and IT talents from around the world.

Infrastructure and amenities for a fully remote future.

Talent City Lagos is a technology hub equipped with fast internet and reliable infrastructure including convenient transit and 24/7 uninterrupted power.

Designed to power the future of remote work, the city will have ample coworking space, parks, outdoor phone booths, complete with private smart homes.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A technology driven dream.

Imagine.

A world where we wake up to an automated home powered by AI and the internet of things, where we can walk or bike to all the amenities we need, where we are joined in the evening by like-minded friends for a happy hour by the beach.

From reliable electricity, high-speed internet, to security and air quality, Talent City will be a sustainable city, a destination for creativity, innovation, and opportunity.

Our cities have not been innovated or planned for decades if not centuries. They are constantly trying to catch up to technological advancements. Here, we are building a city that truly integrates world class talent, technology and infrastructure.

We are here to reimagine the future of cities with a technology driven approach, where a fully integrated digital platform unites every aspect of life from housing and transit to shopping and smart furnishing.

Defining the cities of tomorrow, starting in Nigeria.

Talent City rests on the ideals of Free Trade Zones as key to unlock cities of the future.

Africa is the emerging giant tech hub of the world. By the turn of the century, a third of all people will be African. Africa’s population will grow from 1.2 billion today to 4.5 billion in the next 80 years.

A majority will be city-dwellers and yet, Nigeria with a population of close to 200 million people has only seven cities accommodating more than a million people each.

Africa has an opportunity to build more sustainable cities for exponential population growth.

Talent City will be a chain of charter cities focused on creating technology-enabled jobs with its own entrepreneurial-centric regulations and bylaws.

We look to replicate the success stories of Shenzhen, Dubai, and Bangalore, and become the new tech capital of the world.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@talentcitylagos

Our community greatly affects our productivity and well-being.

Talent City will have
1) infrastructure to power remote work
2) bike paths, walkable streets, and lots and lots of trees
3) a community of founders, investors, and creatives supercharged with ideas

Do you have other ideas on what are some of the things that are important to you? Let us know in comments!

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finish one city first ...This city, that city.....I am getting sick and tired of this nonsense
They are PRIVATE developments. Your comment is like saying that folks should not build private houses or even go to school until the folks preceding them finish.

These investors are taking considerable equity risks (both financial and sweat equity), while creating jobs and generating wealth (and tax revenues for public social investment). I suspect some of these "cities" (in reality, districts) will turn out unviable (and might even lead to a bubble), but personally I wish them all the best. Their audacity is commendable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Finish one city first ...This city, that city.....I am getting sick and tired of this nonsense
it's not entirely a new city. It's inside alaro city. A portion of alaro city was bought for technology related things. The place where I circled is where it would be located.
I've seen the land. they have not started clearing it yet because they are still constructing the 8 lane road that will open the area but by 2023 u should start seing construction on it.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
it's not entirely a new city. It's inside alaro city. A portion of alaro city was bought for technology related things. The place where I circled is where it would be located.
I've seen the land. they have not started clearing it yet because they are still constructing the 8 lane road that will open the area but by 2023 u should start seing construction on it.
View attachment 2557151
I think construction will start before 2023. According to the co-founder of Andela, there will soon be a major announcement regarding the project.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Another city. When is this one gonna be 'finsihed'? Will it be before the year 2130?
It's tiring tbh..
First, it's merely a district in a bigger development, but how many cities are ever "finished"? We have major new developments and even entire districts still springing up or being redeveloped in even centuries-old cities across the globe.

While I am not personally necessarily a big cheerleader for all of these new districts, I nonetheless have nothing but considered admiration for anyone bringing new investments into (and creating jobs in) a difficult investment destination like Nigeria. This is PRIVATE capital. If not invested in Nigeria, it will probably end up ELSEWHERE!

·
Registered
9 Posts

Iyin last month announced that they purchased 72,000sqm for $13m and at $165-$200 per sqm in Alarocity for commercial purposes as I sell for them, it checks out. Good luck to all involved.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts