SkyscraperCity banner

1501 - 1505 of 1505 Posts

·
Still Comin' Out Strong
15,982 Posts
^^is that the red line u/c? I'm surprised that the traditional CBD still hasn't been revitalized. Maybe once the line is constructed the area will attract more attention? The Marina can become a board walk too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
^^is that the red line u/c? I'm surprised that the traditional CBD still hasn't been revitalized. Maybe once the line is constructed the area will attract more attention? The Marina can become a board walk too.
No that’s the blue line still, the Chinese say “no money, work sloww”

It’s a shame that Lagos island hasn’t changed much in decades, every new admin proposes redevelopment plans but in the end nothing is achieved, I think engaging all the stakeholders there will be a Herculean task for any governor, the tier 1 banks in Nigerian own most of those building on broad street and marina road so I don’t see why they can’t partner with stage gvt to redevelop the area. The land area between the buildings and lagoon currently being used to park cars needs be cleared, maybe build 2 multilevel car parks...

·
Still Comin' Out Strong
15,982 Posts
Seriously, in a megacity such as Lagos where land is gold. Maybe the state government can focus on building infrastructure and in time the redevelopment will come.

1501 - 1505 of 1505 Posts