Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
@UzEE
964 Posts
Yeah, but kitna chota lag rha hai. I wish Lahore gets a cluster of high-rises and skyscrapers like Moscow International Business Center or Canary Wharf.
I'd rather have more spread out high-rises. Our infrastructure isn't equipped to deal with such a dense cluster. Mall Road, Jail Road, Main Boulevard Gulberg and Johar Town (expo center area) can accommodate high-rises if there isn't a whole lot of them.

·
Registered
802 Posts
High Rise??? Really??? Lahore hasn't got a TRUE high-rise yet. Probably the only city in the world with over 3 million population and not even one 30 storied building. Lahore has over 15 million people I think...

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
^^I believe there's a good space in the area between Valencia bypass road to lake city ring road interchange and ofc the area vacant next to ring road in that area to develop a business hub with high-rises and skyscrapers. Good place for few good skyscrapers next to expo center as well.

·
10 Years :)
22,043 Posts
^^I believe there's a good space in the area between Valencia bypass road to lake city ring road interchange and ofc the area vacant next to ring road in that area to develop a business hub with high-rises and skyscrapers. Good place for few good skyscrapers next to expo center as well.
lkin udar abadi nai hai itni :s abi tak srif gourmet bakery hai :lol:
lkin future me lagta hai commercial hujye gi valencia DHA ki wajah sa

High Rise??? Really??? Lahore hasn't got a TRUE high-rise yet. Probably the only city in the world with over 3 million population and not even one 30 storied building. Lahore has over 15 million people I think...
aur karachi me itni building 30+ :eek:hno:

abi tak to arfa karim hi hai high rise 17 floors :/

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Yeah thats why I am saying it, even though the area itself is vacant, there are numerous housing communities near it like valencia, wapda, PIA and even johar town and township etc are not very far off. There is huge potential in the area to be turned into a business district, the infrastructure is good and can be improved in future as well due to availability of space but unfortunately i think its going to be wasted by building houses.

·
10 Years :)
22,043 Posts
currently khayaban e jinnah is under construction n expansion i think :hmm: they are making some new u turns same like we have them near liberty roundabout ....
maybe its a signal free profect from Allah Hu Chowk to Raiwaind Road Lda Chowk :hmm:

·
Registered
802 Posts

T27 (Tower 27) is 24 storied and topped off but it's not finishing... LDA has been desperately trying to build a Hi-Rise Business district, Trade Centre and even a Hi-Rise LDA Tower for the past 20 years now but it's not happening :eek:hno: Lahore is cursed when it comes to hi-rise buildings... We've had so many failed hi-rise project in recent years... The government need to force a trend for hi-rise apartment buildings by offering some kind of incentives etc.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts

Sub urbs are more good for developing skyscraper clusters and business centers. They can build new infrastructure easily

See

Photo cc: Omkar Nevrekar

1 - 20 of 33 Posts