Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could've swore there was a thread for this but I can't find it anywhere. Anyways, here's a picture of a building under construction on the NW corner of NE 127th St and 30th Ave NE. I drive by this building a lot and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any subterranean park, or at least I didn't see them shoring that deep.

20171230_135644 by Andrew McLane, on Flickr

The second picture I took in August I believe, when the Canadian fires were making the sun look brilliant. The crane in the photo is for a project near the first one on the 3000 block of NE 130th St, right next to 3021. If memory serves correctly it's just above ground right now, with all the parking concrete poured.

2017-12-19_09-01-10 by Andrew McLane, on Flickr

·
Journeyman
17,114 Posts
That appears to be this, although I'm confused by the permit timing being very recent:

Land Use Application to allow a 6-story, 70 unit apartment building with a 6,600 sq. ft. childcare center located on the first level. Parking for 9 vehicles provided on site and off site. Existing structure to be demolished. Proposal also includes the transfer of site from the City of Seattle to the Low-Income Housing Institute (LIHI) and City funding for the project.

·
Premium Member
Seattle
2,975 Posts
This has gone up very quickly since breaking ground. Not having any parking helps tremendously to speed up construction.

There is also a 6-7 story microhousing building under construction at NE 125th and 33rd NE. A few more breadboxes and a large townhome development in design review in Lake City as well.

Thanks for creating this thread. Now that it's here I have no more excuse for not keeping everyone updated on my own neighborhood.

Reactions: northendMK

·
Premium Member
Seattle
2,975 Posts
I would vote against that idea. Lake City is part of Seattle for one, and combined with the rest of NE Seattle is going to be a place to watch over the coming years. Totally different imho from Shoreline.

·
Correspondent
8,276 Posts
From todays DJC.

https://www.djc.com/news/re/12124404.html

August 14, 2019

NexGen proposes 70 units for Lake City

By BRIAN MILLER
Real Estate Editor

Core Properties West, through an LLC, paid $11.2 million in 2016 for an older 68-unit apartment building in Lake City, which it's now renovating. It's also adding nine units.

The sale came with a vacant parcel of land on the northeast corner of the complex, now used for parking. There, at 13531 32nd Ave N.E., prospective buyer NexGen Housing Partners is now proposing a separate new five-story building with 70 units.

Jackson Main is the architect. The corner totals 10,800 square feet.

The new building would have one level of underground parking with 15 stalls. It's listed with a nominal value of $7.4 million.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Correspondent
8,276 Posts
From todays DJC.

https://www.djc.com/news/co/12124775.html

August 27, 2019

Mercy Housing opens low-income units at Sand Point

The $75 million project converted historic Navy barracks into 148 apartments and service space.
By JOURNAL STAFF

Mercy Housing Northwest recently opened 148 low-income apartments in the converted former Sand Point Naval Air Station barracks on the Magnuson Park campus in Northeast Seattle.

The energy-efficient studio, one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments in Mercy Magnuson Place (formerly Building 9) are open to people making up to 60% of area median income. Rents are $622 to $1,495, the developer said in press materials.

The project has a community room and gathering space in which Mercy Housing offers resident services with an emphasis on health and wellness, out of school time for youth, financial literacy and housing stability.

Bill Rumpf, president of Mercy Housing, said Magnuson Park is ideal for families — near good schools, recreation and job centers.

Building 9, built between 1929 and 1941, housed barracks until 1993. Mercy Housing launched the adaptive reuse and restoration of the 240,000-square-foot historic building in 2017. The low-income housing developer said it hasn't finished the project wrap-up, but the total cost is about $75 million — more expensive than its typical new construction due to specialized historic preservation, extensive remediation and interior demolition and seismic upgrading.

Mercy Housing launched the adaptive reuse and restoration of the 240,000-square-foot building in 2017.

·
Correspondent
8,276 Posts
From todays DJC.

https://www.djc.com/news/re/12127616.html

December 2, 2019

Pulte plans housing complex near Aurora in North Seattle

By BRIAN MILLER
Real Estate Editor

Early last year, Quadrant filed a redevelopment plan for the 8.5-acre Puetz Golf property in North Seattle. Quadrant later told the DJC it didn't pencil, and walked away.

Now a new plan by Pulte Homes has been filed at 11762 Aurora Ave. N. It's similar in scope and nature: 134 townhouses, two 52-unit apartment buildings, and about 281 parking stalls in total.

The Puetz family has owned the L-shaped property for about seven decades. It's north of Home Depot and south of the Lincoln Towing yard (where Quadrant has filed a 116-unit townhouse plan, still in design review).

Board & Vellum prepared Pulte's early plan for the main 7.1-acre east site, which would place the two four-story apartment buildings on the north end. That land is set back from Aurora, accessed from an alley (to be improved), and bounded on its east side by a pedestrian trail.

The Puetz family business was founded in 1945, and is now in its third generation.

·
Premium Member
6,484 Posts
The Preliminary Assessment Report for this project mentions some improvements to Stone Ave N are likely. Looking at the recent site plan it doesn't show any vehicle access to the Stone right of way. I actually didn't realize this ROW is a ped/bike path. I would think with this many units going in, one access road to Aurora (no signal today) would not be good for everyday access but also not good for emergency access or when a wreck blocks Aurora.

STONE AVE N
Pavement could be required to be installed or widened in the portion of right-of-way abutting this lot.
Curbs will be required to be installed in the portion of right-of-way abutting this lot.
A concrete sidewalk will be required to be installed in the portion of right-of-way abutting this lot.
This project abuts a right-of-way that is not fully improved and currently dead-ends at this property. The
street will need to be improved and extended to the nearest cross-street with a hard-surfaced roadway,
unless it can be demonstrated that roadway dead-ends due to topography and/or the layout of the street
system.
The street abutting this lot will be required to be improved with a hard surfaced roadway at least 24 feet wide.

·
Correspondent
8,276 Posts
From todays DJC.

https://www.djc.com/news/re/12127662.html

December 3, 2019

Inland Group proposes to redevelop former Lake City Value Village

The project would have 260 apartments affordable to households earning 60% of area median income.

By BRIAN MILLER
Real Estate Editor

Inland Group has filed an early redevelopment plan for a former Value Village store in Lake City.

The store, at 12548 Lake City Way N.E., closed in April.

Inland is a prospective buyer for the 1.4-acre property, which is now on the market for $10 million.

The new plan is for a six-story building with 260 units affordable to households earning 60% of area median income.

The 62-year-old building would be removed if the property sells and the plan proceeds. Inland and Olson are currently working on Polaris at Rainier Beach, with 306 affordable units at 9400 Rainier Ave. S.

The redevelopment plan, which hasn't yet entered design review, is labeled Polaris Lake City. The building would have three courtyards. Some retail or commercial space would be likely on Lake City Way. The property extends through the block to 33rd Avenue Northeast, where the underground parking garage would be accessed from a driveway.

·
Premium Member
Seattle
2,975 Posts
Can’t wait for that eyesore to be torn down and redeveloped. 260 units plus retail is a real prize for that site, not even mentioning the project will be affordable housing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
From todays DJC.

https://www.djc.com/news/re/12127662.html

Inland is a prospective buyer ... The new plan is for a six-story building with 260 units affordable to households earning 60% of area median income.
I haven't confirmed this by perusing the WA State Housing Finance Commission's LIHTC available public documents, but I've heard that Inland is crushing it on LIHTC award applications because they do in-house construction and are able to build at a lower cost than the non-profit developers who have to contract for general contractors in this insane construction market.

·
Premium Member
Seattle
2,975 Posts
A new 7 story, 252-unit apartment building proposed near the Lake City neighborhood center. It will have a 1,200 sqft restaurant space.

·
Registered
883 Posts
This is decidedly not Lake City, but I think it fits in here given this is NE Seattle outside of Ravenna/Roosevelt or U District:
Finally, the oddly shaped parcel where that burned down bike shop once stood at 4529 Sand Point Way NE is to be redeveloped into a 6-story, 73,000 SF mixed-use project:

• Create 60-70 new apartment units with a focus on larger units (30% Open 1BR, 30% 1 BR, 30% 2BR and 10% 3BR)
• Provide +/- 6,000 sf of street-level commercial space (50% Medical Service, 50% Restaurant)
• Provide +/- 45 off-street parking stalls

Looks like they're trying to get Exceptional Tree retention/preservation incentive to get an extra, 7th floor.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts