SkyscraperCity Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

· Premium Member
Seattle
3,396 Posts
That last building has also been the slooooowest building to go up as well. The panoramic photo I took makes it look a bit crooked in spots, but yeah, not the prettiest building ever. Hopefully the Value Village building looks nicer as well as some of the proposed stuff.

· Premium Member
Seattle
3,396 Posts
Lake City isn't Seattle's most glamorous neighborhood, but in the 7 years I've been here its improved quite a bit. Its one of Seattle's more affordable neighborhoods (relatively speaking of course) which has steadily added lots of density recently. Lots of street calming and pedestrian projects have happened throughout, and the neighborhood is well connected to the university, Northgate, and downtown via transit. Even the retail establishments have improved in my time here, with a library renovation completed and community center rebuild coming soon. I see this neighborhood as a good place to invest in if possible as it has a lot going for its future.

· Registered
571 Posts
Progress on the affordable housing at 12548 Lake City Way - wood framing rising on 2 buildings. Building along LCW appears to be getting close to podium finishing and starting wood framing as well.

Still no signs of movement at Amalfi (12337 30th Ave NE, north of Dick's) - appears to have cleared design review but still finalizing master use permit. Also no movement on the other development slated for 12727 30th Ave NE which has its master use permit but no demo or construction permit issued yet.

· Registered
571 Posts
Sharing a short update on Lake City

12548 Lake City Way NE - affordable housing project
Lots of progress on the framing in the past 2.5 months since my last update. Looks like maybe the podium on the southwest corner of the site along LCW might be impacted by the concrete strike.

12337 30th Ave NE - Amalfi
Master use permit issued, haven't spotted any site activity yet.

3500 NE 125th St - townhouse development

Finally a demolition permit has been issued for the existing vacant church on site. The developer never really tried to secure this property and has had complaints or fines issued by SDCI multiple times for not keeping the vacant property adequately secured.

· Premium Member
Seattle
3,396 Posts
Hope that development gets built. Used to live just a bit further up 35th. Very convenient.
Me too! I used to live on 35th near Fred Meyer.
Yeah that vacant church has been a very visible eyesore in the neighborhood. Glad it is finally being taken down. Some guy working the property a year ago told me it was going to have a unique demolition where they burn it down or something. Not sure if he actually knew this from a reliable source or not.

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Me too! I used to live on 35th near Fred Meyer.
Yeah that vacant church has been a very visible eyesore in the neighborhood. Glad it is finally being taken down. Some guy working the property a year ago told me it was going to have a unique demolition where they burn it down or something. Not sure if he actually knew this from a reliable source or not.
We were perhaps neighbors. I was across 35th but could see the Fred Meyer from our back windows. Taught my ex to drive in that parking lot.

· Registered
571 Posts
Lake City site is in play, again - DJC
12554 Lake City NE site (adjacent to the north side of the 12548 LCW addressed affordable housing project above) was destined to become a SHAG senior housing project before the pandemic. Now there is a preapplication in by Jabooda Homes to build an unknown number of housing units in 2 buildings there, where today the Aurora Rents, former Cash Pawn America, and Kilimanjaro Market are.

· Premium Member
Seattle
3,396 Posts
After living in Lake City since 2014 (most of that time on the same block as this vacant church) I'm happy to report that it's been demolished today. Looking forward to the 30 or so townhomes that will take its place!

· Registered
571 Posts
After living in Lake City since 2014 (most of that time on the same block as this vacant church) I'm happy to report that it's been demolished today. Looking forward to the 30 or so townhomes that will take its place!
Saw this too! As seen over the weekend half demolished:

Obligatory 12548 LCW photo from this afternoon:

Also saw demolition permits have been started but not-yet-issued for the old Refugee Artisan Initiative and "watch repair" buildings at 12545 and 12547 LCW; however there unfortunately don't appear to be any plans filed for redevelopment. Appears they are owned by Bill Pierre.

· Premium Member
Seattle
3,396 Posts
Interesting. Given the prominence of the watch repair buildings to Lake City’s walkable core I hope something replaces them quickly.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts