SkyscraperCity Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

· Registered
571 Posts
Obligatory 12548 LCW update. Cladding starting to go up on the north and south sides, look closely behind one of the street lights in the second photo.

Also excavation for the townhouses at 35th and 125th is well under way, with some rebar already in place for a concrete pour someday.

No photos, but updates:
  • 12554 LCW project just next to the 12548 LCW site above is continuing through their early design guidance, with Caron being the architecture firm. They are looking at possibly phasing the two buildings, with one year between the buildings.
  • Chief Seattle Club has officially broken ground on their Sacred Medicine House development across from the Brown Bear Carwash.
  • Still no site activity spotted at 12337 30th Ave NE (Amalfi apartments, next to Dick's) yet, it looks like they still don't have all their permits yet.

· Registered
571 Posts
Not 100% sure but haven't seen any activity at the 35th/125th townhouse site in awhile. They did excavation and started placing rebar, but now wondering if the 7% mortgage rates are causing them to pause for now.

12548 LCW continues to come along. The cladding seems to be a white corrugated metal effect - I prefer flat Hardie board myself.

New Lake City park on 33rd Ave NE just north of NE 125th is also opening this weekend, adding some much needed recreation space in that part of the neighborhood, Seattle Times has a couple pictures from this week. The park includes a half basketball court, a kids climbing structure/playground, and a few tables. Still waiting on SDOT to install the signalized crosswalk that was promised over a year ago on 125th and 33rd.

· Journeyman
18,721 Posts
One company owns everything at the north end of the block except the post office. In a quick look, I see no plan to build anything, not even a temporary parking lot. Maybe it's to make it more saleable, including easier due diligence? I see nothing about the post office going away but it still looks like room for a lot of something.

· Registered
571 Posts
One company owns everything at the north end of the block except the post office. In a quick look, I see no plan to build anything, not even a temporary parking lot. Maybe it's to make it more saleable, including easier due diligence? I see nothing about the post office going away but it still looks like room for a lot of something.
I saw the demo permit coming for it, but no plans on file to redevelop sadly. I think the owners are Bill Pierre, so I'm not holding my breath for redevelopment. Could actually be a good size development site if combined with Toyoda Sushi, who were looking to redevelop their site into condos and a new restaurant before the pandemic struck.

A few other updates.

12554 Lake City Way NE, Jabooda Homes
Formerly Aurora Rents, Cash America, & Kilimanjaro Market buildings

The early design packet is in and we are looking at 404 residential units, 268 parking stalls, and 3 commercial spaces. Challenging site with a small area of the creek that has a mandatory setback - great to see that area getting restored with less pavement and more wetland plants than current conditions.

3500 NE 125th St Townhomes
No picture update but in one of my previous posts I gave up hope too soon - though it doesn't seem like there is work going on every day at the site, they have done at least one sizable pour for the podium/garage.

· Premium Member
Seattle
3,396 Posts
The east side of LCW through the neighborhood center is going to be a continuous 6-7 story wall, while the west side will be either 1 story or at grade. Super excited to see that happen though, and looking forward to the west side of the street catching up eventually.

· Registered
571 Posts
3500 NE 125th St townhomes
Workers on site today, think they are continuing to work on the rebar for next podium/garage pour.

Lake City landbanked park (12510 33rd Ave NE park)
I think the name of this park is still TBD but it is great to see some greenspace in Lake City! There were two apartment dwellers shooting hoops and a parent watching their kiddo climb on the playground when I walked by.

Polaris Lake City (12548 Lake City Way) affordable apartments
Taken from 33rd by the new park, looks fine. This project has a website now, which claims they will be opening and letting residents move in starting in January. That seems a little optimistic to me, it also looks like some of the photos on the website might be from another building based on the surroundings outside of the windows. In any case, excited for this project to finish and let residents in!

LCW side of building:

61 - 67 of 67 Posts