SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,248 Posts
By law the deposit should be held within a tenancy deposit scheme (TDS). If it is they will help to resolve any disputes. Chances are they would award this to the landlord, due to your non-payment of the last months rent. The landlord may also feel that it is pertinant to withhold some or all of the deposit due to any damage to the property, however you can again dispute this through the TDS.

If you're deposit is not held within a TDS then you can take legal action, but in honesty you should have paid your last months rent to avoid this situation in the first place (sorry)

· Registered
4,248 Posts
^^

I wish it was that simple.

A culmination of things made paying it impossible (its not through my own idiocy I can assure you) I lost my job, another one, but I'd gladly use my deposit to pay it off! I'm willing to do this, but the landlord wont allow it. It baffles me!
It does seem 'unreasonable' of the landlord, if he has inspected the property and is satisfied that there is no damage that he will now not accept the deposit to remedy this situation, as surely it is in the interests of all parties to end the matter as quickly as possible and to move on.

Like I say, contact the TDS. Google it there loads of DirectGov free info. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.